Author: timbatu

France teargases Chinese protestors [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-22 06:12:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fredius at 2010-6-21 23:36
There are 2 sides in the Chinese community in Paris.
1- The first diaspora, from the 70s, who is very well assimilated and respectfull of the French laws.
2- The 10 years old Wenzhou connection.  ...
-

Chinese go to France because they admire the French culture and they want to become French. But, if you treat them as the different, if you treat them with discrimination and hostility, YOU ARE STOPPING them from assimilation. This is especially obvious in the United States.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-22 06:16:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fredius at 2010-6-22 00:24

No indication regarding the ethny of the robbers.
Still...the Demonstrators attitude has been pretty violent and not so peaceful...
"Police tear-gassed the crowd after objects were throw ...

I marvel how you dare to take the report written with a clear bias as facts. I would not even bother to point out the obvious problem in the wordings of the AFP news. I think they are too obvious. Read, can you?

[ Last edited by timbatu at 2010-6-22 06:17 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-22 06:27:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2010-6-22 06:12
This is especially obvious in the United States. ...

Yes, it is very obvious considering that chinese-americans are better off financially than the average american.
Please tell me about the discrimination against chinese in america.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-22 06:31:00 |Display all floors
Asian Americans are Americans of Asian descent. In popular American consciousness, the term generally refers to persons with ancestry from East Asia, which includes Chinese, Korean and Japanese Americans, though in definition they encompass any minority group whose national origin is from the Asian continent.

Overall, Asian Americans have the lowest poverty rate [3], the highest educational attainment levels, median household income,[4] and median personal income[5] of any racial demographic in the country. Asian Americans make up the third largest minority group in the United States

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_American

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-22 06:44:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2010-6-22 06:31
Asian Americans are Americans of Asian descent. In popular American consciousness, the term generally refers to persons with ancestry from East Asia, which includes Chinese, Korean and Japanese Ame ...

J, that data is not correct:

Caucasians have the highest income.
Seconded by (Aryan) immigrants from India.
Eastern Asians are only above Latinos and Africans.

J, the most obvious US discrimination against Chinese is the Chinese Exclusion Act. As of today, it is called the Visa Bulletin. Please go to the thread and read yourself. The thread is under News>US> then in the list started by me.

[ Last edited by timbatu at 2010-6-22 06:47 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-22 07:01:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2010-6-22 06:44

J, that data is not correct:

Caucasians have the highest income.
Seconded by (Aryan) immigrants from India.
Eastern Asians are only above Latinos and Africans.

J, the most obvious US di ...

Caucasians do not have the highest income.
We are second to asians.

I can give you other sources.  I first learned this 10 years ago in college from a sociology class.
Everytime I've looked at the stats since, they have stayed the same.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-22 07:06:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2010-6-22 07:01

Caucasians do not have the highest income.
We are second to asians.

I can give you other sources.  I first learned this 10 years ago in college from a sociology class.
Everytime I've look ...

You do not need to look far. Look at your own workplace.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.