Author: wetac0s

Should the term "Han" be eliminated? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-27 21:04:54 |Display all floors

For the long term greater good of China

Talk less about Han and talk more about zhonghua which is all-embracing and unifying, as China continues to embrace the world.  But keep out the anti-China-ists or at least shun them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-28 04:04:22 |Display all floors
Wiki sais that the Han Chinese are relatively ethnically homogenous according to their DNA, the Northern Hans more so than the South.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_Chinese#DNA_analysis

If anyone has more solid sources please go ahead and post them, I am genuinely interested, but "opinions" count for little when it comes to science I'm afraid.

Oh and by the way, anyone who's ever been in Europe on a sunny day knows that girls do indeed tan in the sun, and not use sprays. It's just that they use higher factors suncream, and use after sun lotions to prevent damage to the skin.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-29 04:51:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by in_ningbo at 2010-6-28 04:04
Wiki sais that the Han Chinese are relatively ethnically homogenous according to their DNA, the Northern Hans more so than the South.
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_Chinese#DNA_analysis[/u ...

Don't use Wiki as a source, they are biased and innaccurate.  And there is a difference between han people from the north and han people from the south - what does that tell you?  Han DOES NOT exist.  There is only one ethnicity in China and that is "Chinese".  There is only one race in China and that is "Asian".   We are all Chinese, and we should all be proud.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-29 16:00:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-6-29 04:51

Don't use Wiki as a source, they are biased and innaccurate.  And there is a difference between han people from the north and han people from the south - what does that tell you?  Han DOES NOT  ...

Give me a better source then than your unsubstantiated nonsense. Of course Wiki is inaccurate, but it's better to have an approximate than nothing. According to these scientists Han Chinese do indeed exist and are relatively homogenous just like Japanese or Koreans. Again, please quote sources that say something different, I am just repeating what I read and I am interested in information, not opinions.

[ Last edited by in_ningbo at 2010-6-29 04:01 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.