Author: wetac0s

Should the term "Han" be eliminated? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-23 01:02:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-6-23 00:54

They may tell you they tan in a bed or in the sun, but in reality they are using fake tanning spray.  A lot of women lie about this.  They just don't want you to think they are self-conscious a ...

okay, one last post before I call it a day...finally. Europe is not the US of A. Botox? Something for starlets and the "high society" not the normal European. We don`t have this beauty surgery hype in Europe. Same counts for tan spray.....you would even have a hard day finding a shop that has it. Not really a top er. IF some students tell you they use tan sprays then it is because they adapted to the US habits over there. And again....I`d bet quite some money to say MOST European students in the US don`t use tan spray.
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-23 10:06:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-6-23 08:05

O sweatty Wettie, you have talked yourself into the darkest corner of a paperbag and now you won't find your way out of it again! Where is your instinct for good, solid evidence to support your ...

And  you would know so much about tanning?  What next?  Are you going to lecture about bikini waxes?  

I have been to Ireland and the UK, trust me - it is impossible for white people to be naturally brown unless they are mixed.  People in England are far more pale than people in the US.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-23 13:52:22 |Display all floors
diffrent people have diffrent custom and language ,and that show  the  rich of  china culture .you should know that .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-23 19:59:39 |Display all floors
Han is the largest clan in China , why it consider to be deleted ?  you say the Han ethnic people's blood not pure but mixed , why not prefer han than others

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-25 03:00:11 |Display all floors
i think this situation won't happen in the future, no matter how many years passed. first, in ancient time, ethnicities had a clear line from each other, both Han or other groups. our chinese people respect old culture, and won't change any old traditions unless there's some terrible thing happen, or that traditon is really bad for people's life in modern society. but we should feel lucky, because there're very few conflicts among different races. we just can see so many conflicts and wars happened in many foreign countries, not only in America, European, but also other countries. so as to whether abandoning the term "Han" is not very important, our focus now is developing economy, meantime amending the environment we have polluted in order to accelerate the economic development.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-25 18:35:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-6-20 05:46
Most Chinese people are mixed with many ethnicities like Zhuang, Hui, Miao, etc...DNA analysis proves that there is no such thing as "pure" Han.  

For example, why do so many "Han ...

wrong suggestion,we should keep it as customs.
han is han miao is miao,muslim is muslim,there are too big cultural differences.
eg,I am Han,I do not like ppls to call me miao or tibet or xinjiang.
and It is Han who manage well  this country.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-27 20:59:47 |Display all floors

Reply #35 seneca's post; reply Emucentral

Emucentral:
brainwashed apologist for the totalitarians in Beijing.

They are no worse and no better than brainwashed apologists of the democrazist unfree world.  At least on one thing they know better, they know they are under a regulated media world, and they know how to seek for unregulated information outside the GreatFireWall.  So, they have the sharpness of mind to see the through the unregulated falsehoods on the otherside-of-GreatFireWall, especially after the falsehoods of the unregulated Wall Street have been exposed.

But the democrazists do NOT know that they ALSO HAVE BEEN brainwashed.  So, they never knew of information other than those fed to them by their unfree democrazist press.

Seneca:
Usanians are much more controlled by their media that bombards them with fashion and lifestyle guidance they blindly lap up and emulate.

Seneca is wiser when it comes to "fashion and lifestyle guidance".  But not so when it comes to political and ethnic issues like the Tb.

[ Last edited by matthew5_3 at 2010-6-27 10:12 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.