Author: fredius

China offers humanitarian aid to Kyrgyzstan [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-17 00:58:21 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-17 01:04:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wahahaha at 2010-6-17 00:36
EU is China's biggest trading partner.  China's offer to help Greece ought to be a WIN for EU-WIN for Greece -WIN for China solution. And what kind of response did we get???????
You people ...

Whatever, I wanted to use this thread to address the issue of the riots in Kyrgyzstan.
China had no duty to help Kyrgyzstan, so the support is welcome. I regret my bad joke at the begining, especialy because the Kyrgyzstan deserves us to be serious.
This country seems to attract military interests of both Russia and the US, despite people's protests.
I am curious to know the opinion of China regarding such political negociations when it occurs in a forgotten neighbouring country.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-17 01:06:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wahahaha at 2010-6-17 00:58
Nothing hurts more than cynical attitudes. And you warmongers are keen to make the best out of this..

Sincere apologies. I shouldn't have start it this way.
(still... the amount is similar to the price of an appartment in Beijing... )

[ Last edited by fredius at 2010-6-17 01:08 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-17 01:08:36 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-17 01:22:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wahahaha at 2010-6-17 01:08
And negotiations with any party, political or otherwise has nothing to do with the decision to China's decision to provide aid. The aid's for the people, no?...

I didn't suggest that Chinese help was on purpose.
Nobody talk about Kyrgyzstan on this board, and I believe that the recent events there deserve our attention.
China respects the sovereignty of nations, but China also have some of its people over there, and trading partnership... So I am pretty sure that some in China do care.
Moreover, Kyrgyzstan's geographical situation, not far from Ur-mqi, may give a special aspect to today's events.
So-cial un-rest and eth-ic fights in this neighbouring country did certainly draw China's attention.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-17 17:03:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-6-17 10:55

China is a direct neighbour but is it the country with the most influence there? Questions, questions...

Nominally it still is RUSSIA that has the most power and influence as both countrie ...

Economically yes.
Russia of course maintains strong political influence.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-17 17:11:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-6-17 11:00
100'000 Chinese in Kyrgyzstan is way over the top, in my opinion. And yet, the friction seems to be between two Turkic ethnicities.

estimation of Chinese pop in Kyrgyzstan fluctuates between 10,000 and 150,000 depending of the source. The official 1300 evacuated people do not reflect the real Chinese presence in the country. It's similar to Laos where official Chinese population is widely underestimated.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.