Author: wetac0s

Too many Western actors in Chinese movies/TV [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-19 03:33:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-6-18 21:34
I have never met Wettie in a state of calm, serenity or magnamity. Every time she posts she lets loose a cacophonous firecracker.

Hey Wettie: The Chinese pay 50% more to laowai actors because t ...

Just like the natives should be grateful for the Whites stealing their land and killing them off!  

If I wanted to see a bunch of ugly white people with crappy acting skills, I'd watch the "The Hills".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-19 05:30:50 |Display all floors
I actually find it comforting that the only criticism of Westerners you can come up with is deluded nonsense.
I guess you haven't even read the article before posting: The 50% premium Westerners get is still well below international market level, that's why you get only sub-par actors. Once Chinese movies are good enough to attract international audiences they will have big enough budgets to hire decent actors.
As long as that's not the case they'll hire Mandarin-speaking contest winners. So quit your immature whining and accept that China is quickly improving, but is still not on international standards.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-19 11:19:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-6-19 03:33

Just like the natives should be grateful for the Whites stealing their land and killing them off!  

If I wanted to see a bunch of ugly white people with crappy acting skills, I' ...

No need to bring history into this one! It's also about an actor/actresses "draw" at the box office. Small names and big budgets for production just don't cosy up together very well. It's about the bucks plain and simple.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-19 17:30:08 |Display all floors
ha ha could you imagine the outcry if Western film producers decided tomorrow that they were going to stop casting anything but white actors in film and tv! lol Wet would be almost hysterical on these boards.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-19 20:00:17 |Display all floors

isolatin us like if we dont use their products or services...

Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2010-6-18 19:19

No need to bring history into this one! It's also about an actor/actresses "draw" at the box office. Small names and big budgets for production just don't cosy up together very well.  ...

"It's about the bucks plain and simple."  and the BUCK is not even distributed in the minority groups (not just asians but others as well) and right here at home in america, we dont see any (very rare & few) in TV commercials & advertisin ...too afraid of promotin heterogenous society  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-19 20:04:20 |Display all floors

that shows it right there...

Originally posted by LCSULLA at 2010-6-16 23:40

The target group,
the interestz of the target group.

If you Guys don't like it,
how about moving to Best Korea?

see what i mean another supreme just came out...ask the aussies, the anglos in the US & south america, africa go home then we all go home  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-19 20:10:25 |Display all floors
What comes next...Hawaiians complayning there are no Hawaiian actors? Eskimos? Duh, get a life. Just look at the percentage how many Americans are actually Asian-Americans.....and what quota would you get?
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.