Author: CNculture

The Dragon Boat Festival [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-13 11:05:33 |Display all floors
In my hometown,folks all use leaves of pineapple to wrap sticky rice,dates,peanut kernels,red beans,etc.Those leaves radiate a special fragrance,which make us slobbering.What's more,leaves can be used repeatedly~~The shape of Zongzi is not a pyramid but a quadrangle which is consisted of two half slices~~

What a delicious food!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-13 11:06:23 |Display all floors
Zhong Kui

Calamus

Dragon Boat Festival

Zong Zi

Spice Bag

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-13 11:27:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2010-6-13 11:04

CBC, this is also celebrated in Japan, Korea and Vietnam, and certainly on the tiny Chinese island of Taiwan. The culture of Kingdom Chu is one of the important underlying cultures defining Chi ...

Chinese traditional culture!!~~

:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-13 11:42:42 |Display all floors
CNc, you forgot to mention about artemisia, which is used to be against evils, such as mosquito, flies, seneca....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-13 13:07:55 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
"My way or Guantanamo Bay"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-13 20:24:11 |Display all floors

more attention

south korea are registering for a patten of  this festival , which origined from accent china. the phenomenon that more and more traditional chinese culture are ignored by new generations is an dangerous single and should be alerk.
more and more scholar are appealing to the government to take measures to raise public awareness of  culture and history protection. more museums and culture industies are being invested, and there there more national holidays for this traditional festivals, including flexible adjustment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-13 20:42:16 |Display all floors
Very interesting.  Sounds like a very cool festival.  Would love to see one someday.

I first learned of this through 'Nihao Kai-lan' (don't laugh - I have a granddaughter I watch this with!)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.