Author: zegala

I wonder the relationship of son and parents in WESTERN EUROPE [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-27 15:17:38 |Display all floors
Saint George, try to be more sensitive. Its a cultural issue. You should try to learn a bit more about Chinese culture before you go around calling millions of people "stupid" . This is a very common problem in China and yes there are millions of people who are in or who have experienced the same situation.

In England (judging by your flag) the vast majority of people tend to "think with their emotions" in relationships (whether that's a good thing or not is very subjective).

To Zegala

If you really love her then perhaps you can try to convince them that you will not compromise on this because of your feelings. If you show them how strongly you feel perhaps you can make them change their minds (or perhaps they will give up because they dont have as much energy as you). You could also talk to somebody in your family who has a similar view or has been in a similar situation and perhaps they can lend you some advice or even support you in your "struggle" to marry your love.

In Western Europe we have a tradition of liberalism. This has two sides. You have independance but also not quite the same level of support. Sons and daughters are treated the same. Nobody usually gets bought a house. And the dutiful children are both sons and daughters. Money hasnt changed hands upon marriage for hundereds of years and divorce is common. Women are less materialistic (because they dont get disinherited upon marriage). Ummm thats all I can think of off the top of my head. Ask any direct questions you like though....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-27 16:18:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2010-6-12 15:43
That wouldn't happen in the West the parents wouldn't interfere like that unless the girl was a really bad character.

Do what your heart tells you and ignore your parents. In my opinion they are ...

should respect parents

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-5 19:57:12 |Display all floors
I don't understand why a lot of parents want to control their kids life? Why your parent don't like her? Money or looking or location?

Luckly that I grew up in a open-mind and lovely Chinese familly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-5 20:39:18 |Display all floors

Britteacher

Im not calling millions of parents stupid my answer is to the OP only.

[ Last edited by St_George at 2010-8-5 09:07 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-5 21:09:23 |Display all floors
So learn to read properly and stop ' going around ' misquoting people.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2010-8-6 01:46:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2010-8-5 20:39
Im not calling millions of parents stupid my answer is to the OP only.

Typical Teacher, talks to Adults like children

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-6 02:09:52 |Display all floors

Austin

Hows it going mate ?  Its a bit cold up here i think we've had it for this summer weatherwise.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.