Views: 11905|Replies: 37

China's Not A Superpower--Yet [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-8 16:49:01 |Display all floors
i agree with the following excerpt that china lacks certain dominate ideology, except money-oriented idea. it seems that people in china only care about money. who's rich, who's powerful, who's successful. we don't believe in religions, we don't believe in communism and we don't believe in traditional chinese moral. what have been left for chinese and our next generation?

Forbes

In terms of ideas or ideology, the Chinese are probably more confused than anyone else in the world. During the Cultural Revolution, many Chinese traditions, including Confucianism, were destroyed. Communism has proved to be disastrous, and no one believes in it anymore. In today’s China where money is king, people have become disillusioned with any notion of ideals. There has been serious moral decay in society.

In recent years, the Chinese government has called for building “a harmonious society.” Harmony is a virtuous concept deeply rooted in Chinese culture and the Confucian tradition. It could become a new ideology for China. However, it has been overly used in propaganda and has become a cliche rather than a meaningful ideal.

The United States remains a country that stands for the universal ideals that people around the world aspire to--liberty and democracy. Unlike Americans, who have a clear message for the world, the Chinese do not have a vision for themselves, let alone to influence the world. I have talked to Chinese officials, scholars, businesspeople and students. None of them see China as a superpower. In contrast, many of them look up to the United States as a model and admire the “American way of life.”
I am a Beijing girl.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-9 11:41:12 |Display all floors

Reply #1 polaris1120's post

USA, and the British Club used ANCIENT CHINESE ideas and expanded on it!

"Controlled Chaos" is a Chinese idea - and it's something that the present Big 1 and Big 3 power use widely. Decentralization, Local autonomy, SCALE, moderation! ALL ideas with origins in China!

The various school of thoughts - which the Europeans rediscovered, and even used by the British with amazing success!

Wa ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-9 12:55:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by polaris1120 at 2010-6-8 16:49
i agree with the following excerpt that china lacks certain dominate ideology, except money-oriented idea. it seems that people in china only care about money. who's rich, who's powerful, who's suc ...

This is the most significant post I have ever seen on this forum. At least, someone thinks the way I think. I am so impressed by your post.

I just wholeheartedly agree with you. On another forum, I talked to another Chinese, and he himself admitted that Chinese people, particularly a portion of the leadership, are money grubbing greedy ignorant people who don't have any vision. The communist-capitalist ideology actually weakened the backbone of the nation. Without any vision, a nation goes nowhere. China's future is really bleak. Hopeless.

China's leadership projects the outside world as something very harmonious to the nation. But in reality the world is racist and violent. The leadership suppresses the reality and weakens the nation. Chinese delude themselves by thinking that China will continue to grow for the next 10 or 20 years. No China will not grow. China will face decline. This is the reality. Why? Because US and india will not let China grow smoothly.

As a Chinese in China, now you may have suddenly become so rich, possessing two cars, one good apartment, a nice girl friend, you go to party at the weekend, life is very happy and so and so. But when US will attack China, all your properties will vanish even before you count on them. Your luxurious material life is not permanent.

[ Last edited by communistsec at 2010-6-9 12:56 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-9 13:17:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Kbay at 2010-6-9 13:07

You do find some funny cut pieces polaris!

Anyway, I'm glade China don't have your Uncle Sam's upward pointing ideology.

'Stick ya bum up, and pull down your pant' poofy culture that  ...

So what is China?

A slave nation?

If hundreds of years of humiliation have not change your delusional mindset, then no body can change it. Its genetic. Thats for sure. Perhaps this was why Japan, a small island nation captured Nanjing within three days and killed the inferior delusional people... but China could do nothing except crying a river. Again india will occupy Tib, and you will just cry a river.

Instead of making lame excuses, rather say "we Chinese want to remain docile, submissive, effeminate, slavish people under your rule". That sounds better.

And money, paper money, thats a piece of paper and nothing else. When US and india will attack China, youwill see the paper money nothing but a piece of paper.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-9 13:18:47 |Display all floors
And polaris is indeed a valuable poster.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-9 13:19:37 |Display all floors

Reply #4 Kbay's post

People are beginning to realize "all the British hints" that both the Americans and British possess the HYPERSONIC jet/ram hybrid craft already!

It's only that there is NO COMMERCIAL needs to MASS PRODUCE or EXHIBIT it publicly yet!

Wa ha ha ha

They are waiting for CHINA to unveil plans for the SPACE THEME PARK, and probably China's own Hypersonic space craft before they do with theirs!

I do believe that LONG DISTANCE over the horizon, longer than 10,000 km ballastic missiles are OBSOLETE!

Thank goodness CHINA built the 5 SSBNs!
Time to build up to 20 to 40 SSN, so that China has enough Attack Submarines to track the American submarines!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-9 13:23:54 |Display all floors

New nuclear powers, with limited knowledge in....

.....long range delivery systems, should only use their nukes for NATIONAL DEFENSE!

That means ISRAEL, SOUTH AFRICA, probably PERSIA, PAKISTAN,
and those who have capability such as
Japan, Korea, Taiwan MUST realize the new possible reality!

Might as well build a HOWITZER, or a short range missile to deter INVADERS!

India nuclear forces are also OBSOLETE! (except when they can really build the SSBN the INS Arihant)

Wa ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.