Author: wetac0s

China should make Japanese or Korean mandatory for all Chinese students [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-11 12:00:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2010-6-7 11:05 AM
Japan and Korea should consider teaching Chinese in their K-12 schools. It really helps with IQ's.

my personal experiences showed that chinese characters can improve a person's character.  it's the "scientific" language of korea(mostly the same with japan), needs more brain action than that of heart.

but for korean and japanese language to be accepted by chinese as a scientific language for computer applications, i need to remove all the booby traps put their by the panda humans from korea to  trip anyone who venture into their territory.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-11 12:29:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by LCSULLA at 2010-6-10 05:41 AM

you were stating that listening to languages is important for learning.
the question was, how are you implying this to programming languages,
how do you listen them for comprehension?

u v touched on half dozen issues here.  let me try to break things down.

listening is important as the first stage in language learning.  it's the path of least resistance.  and eyes are not used and most brain functions only concentrated at the year, the language can not help to not become familiar to the listener.  that my theory why kids learn language better and faster.

what i m proposing is a new method of initiating communication in which each side speak their own language.  so the schools should just teach students to hear the language, instead all the other aspects.

as to programming languages, which in my case in plain language, it does require a digital, or alphabetic/script language, not the chinese analogous, pictorial language.  if asia decides to create an asian language consisting of chinese and korean/japanese,  asians needs all to learn each others language, especially the script languages of korean and japanese.

in my current research, i v found in many ways the 3 languages are systematically similar in pronounciation.  if i can clearly identify that and make a good case of getting everyone to use those similar languages more often, as the script languages are just a form of chinese pinyin, which could essentially pinyin the whole bunch of chinese characters as they v already done.

in fact, in the natural-language programming language, and in other situations on the computer, variables and filenames are automatically formed all the time.  so we would be expected to see a lot of new vocabularies anyway.

as to listening to them for comprehension,  i m constructing a set of vocabulary of korean that after three reading would help anyone, who like to watch korean soaps, to pick up the language in a few months -- the listening part, that is.

once my robacus is translated to korea, or japanese,  repeated seeing the same hardwired questions and other menu words would also make the user get familiar soon enough.  here again,  the learning is passive and only familiarization is necessary.  as to the user's response, the computer is very tolerant. just think of the anywhat variable u use in computer programming.  but here u can use pigeon korean.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-11 12:34:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by LCSULLA at 2010-6-10 05:41 AM
Microsoft Sam?

what's that.

i did hear that microsoft bought a berkeley natural-language progamming outfit for couple of millions.  and i also gave a presentation of our software automation technolgy that we r working with boeing and taiwan telephone company at bill gates' redmont campus.  my sense is that microsoft has no idea, except the wizard feature that we did mentioned to them in 1984.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-11 12:35:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2010-6-10 07:15 AM
Joeching hates himself.

yes, i dont do self loving.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-11 12:45:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joeching at 2010-6-11 12:35
yes, i dont do self loving.

LOL.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.