Author: wetac0s

The US is trying to turn Korea against China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-2 12:55:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mark069 at 2010-6-2 09:30
And the Japanese GOVERNMENT has requested that the US remain in Okinawa.  If the people are unhappy with this decision by their representatives then they can vote them out of office in the next election but for now the will of Japan is for the Americans to stay.

If China could contain DPRK there would be no need for bases in South Korea and for that matter Japan also as the DPRK is the biggest threat to both of these countries.  The US has no intention or interest in attacking China.  Occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan is difficult enough - occupying China would be a nightmare.  The US would like to see democratic rule in China and I believe that will happen one day without the need for US intervention.

1) No Japanese politician is powerful enough to get rid of the US military in Japan. It took a bloody war to get the US out of Vietnam.

2) South Korea is an American colony that the Yanks grabbed when the Japs left. The US invaded the Philippines when the Spanish left. It tried to seize Vietnam as the French were leaving.

3) The US wants democracy? Please explain how 20 million Jews have more political power than 1 billion Musl!ms.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-2 13:06:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fredius at 2010-6-2 11:55
Japan and SK are subjected to US military presence, that's right, but both countries also worry about the growing economical dependancy toward China.

Were they worried about getting into bed with the USA? I guess they got used to it. They can do the same for China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-2 13:51:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-6-2 12:00

It's really none of your business as a westerner..

It's my business as a fellow human being, and because I live in Asia. It's also my business because you are posting in English on a public board. So I guess you expect foreign reactions...

But I'm not surprised your so obsessed with Asia, there are many people like you. .

I am not obsessed with Asia, I just live here just like many Chinese do live in Western countries.

Why can't China have a good relationship with Japan and Korea just like how America has a relationship with Canada?

I kindly remind you that Western countries are the first trading partners of China and, despite some legitimate fears, don't see China as a threat.
The USA and the Canada are new countries with a similar and parallel history and a common language. They globaly have the same political system and never fought with each other. In Asia, Korea has been conquered several time by its neighbours and Japan did colonised China and Korea less than a century ago and has never shown remorse. Don't you see a difference?
You seem to have  a naive perception of international ties.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-2 14:22:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by nebula1 at 2010-6-2 13:06

Were they worried about getting into bed with the USA? I guess they got used to it. They can do the same for China.

JP and SK are now stable developed countries and the American influence clearly helped.
And NK? Apart from being the 38th poorest country in the world, what was the gain of going into bed with China ?
We are aware that China could now be an attractive friend for Asian countries, but there are still a lot of grievance.
The good old tactic to chose a common foreign enemy as the foundation of a collaboration sounds very immature and unrealistic.
While I do not support the lasting presence and the legacy of the US army in Asia, the NK threat make it necessary to protect the countries who has chosen another path than the Chinese one.

[ Last edited by fredius at 2010-6-2 02:38 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-2 14:38:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zhiran at 2010-6-2 07:52
How much do you want to bet that the US is a lot closer to China than Australia is?
By your argument, shouldn't the US be considered one of China's neighbors & part of Asia also?
What ...

OK. Let me simplify this for you:

Is the US closer to China than Australia?

Your answer:

Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-6-2 10:17
Taken from google maps:
Shanghai to Melbourne:  10,559 km – about 20 days 7 hours
San Francisco to Melbourne: 14,077 mi – about 54 days 23 hours
hmmm....which one is farther away from Australia einstein?  
You just got owned. ...

Closer to Australia?!?

So, once again, let me repeat s l o w l y, is the US closer to China than Australia is?

And thanks for the compliment, but I don't need to be Einstein (or use Google Maps) to show how dumb you really are.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-2 14:40:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wahahaha at 2010-6-2 10:10
Oh and that includes you too dumbcunt zh!tren. Piss off from China will ya? (HKSAR is part of China too in case you haven't noticed) pack up and leave.

Yet another troll who needs geography lessons. Must be illiterate too. How many times do I need to tell you that I am not from HK. You must be mixing me up with Kbay, though one wonders why. He's as thick as a post and I'm as smart as Einstein.

If you don't believe me, just asked wetac0s, he just said so!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-2 14:51:08 |Display all floors

You are really not the brightest,are you....?

Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-6-2 02:55

Well, by that logic ANY country that had a war and won must be allowed to prop up their own military in the other countries land!  Does that mean Vietnam is allowed to put their military bases  ...
babyfacepalm.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.