Author: wetac0s

The US is trying to turn Korea against China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-2 03:31:59 |Display all floors

My response to wet

US bases in Japan and Korea are at the request of the hosts.  The US would love for Japan to fully militarize and be able to provide for it's own defense.  I don't think China would be too happy about this......

China would never dare to try and put bases in Cuba and Mexico would never even consider it.  But if by chance China did this the US would either do what they did to the Russians during the Cuban Missle Crisis and as an added incentive for China to leave would place bases in Taiwan.   So if China wants US bases in Taiwan go ahead and try to put Chinese bases in Cuba.....

And lastly, China NEEDS to get involved in the Middle East.  But she will never get involved because China does not like to help (China calls it interfering) other countries.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-2 03:48:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-6-1 10:55
WW2 happened a Looooong time ago.  It's time to let go.  Unless you feel that WW2 should keep being used as an excuse for unfair policies.  Maybe the Jews should just take control of Germany or put their bases on German soil for all the war crimes Germans have done to Jews?  If you want to keep clinging to WW2, maybe Germany can still pay more debt for what the Nazi's did.  The Japanese have certainly let go of those 2 atom bombs.

Bern is right about you not knowing history. The legacy of WWII couldn't be more different between Germany and Japan.

Germany has paid huge amounts of $$$ in reparations and has done a lot of self examination since the second Wworld War which by the way was forced on Germany by the crushing economic sanctions England and France imposed (and the US opposed) after the first World War.

Japan on the other hand has never acknowledged fault for her actions during WWII.  To this day Japan has not apologized or paid any reparations to China for the Nanjing Massacre or for other atrocities committed during WWII.  Japan continues to pay tribute to some of the leadership that was responsible for these atrocities.  And I don't think Japan has "forgiven" the US for using nuclear weapons on it during WWII but as time goes on and memories fade these things will become less important.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-2 04:36:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by bern2009 at 2010-6-2 03:31

One can see clearly that you have never been to Germany. Otherwise you would know how much the memories of German wrongdoings are still present there, and how much Germany is aware of its respons ...

We are talking about political policies, not supposed remorse or mentality.  If you think the US base in Japan is fair for what the Japanese did in WWII, then you should also think it's fair to put Isreali troops in Germany.  You are a hypocrite and have an obvious agenda because every time Korea is mention you feel the need to post and defend the atrocious bases in Asia regardless of their history of Crime, Rape, and Murder.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-2 04:38:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mark069 at 2010-6-2 03:31
US bases in Japan and Korea are at the request of the hosts.  The US would love for Japan to fully militarize and be able to provide for it's own defense.  I don't think China would be too happy ab ...

Really?  Have you been living under a rock?  150,000 protestors AGAINST the US base.  50,000 people form a chain around the US base because they want it gone!  What do you know about what the Japanese people want?  Read the news sometime.

China would LOVE to have the US bases off Japanese and Korean soil, that means no threat of attack from America.  Japan would not dare to attack China again.  All asian nations agree that they want to maintain peace.  With US butting their nose in east Asia, peace and independence is not possible.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-2 04:46:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-6-2 04:36
You are a hypocrite and have an obvious agenda because every time Korea is mention you feel the need to post and defend the atrocious bases in Asia regardless of their history of Crime, Rape, and Murder..

thanks for your insult.

However, I can't remember having defended anything in this thread. The only thing I stated was, it is very well possible that tensions with its neighbours actually do help the NK government when it comes to dealing with its own population.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-2 05:28:14 |Display all floors
My personal opinion:

It principally has to do with the thawing of tensions, and the warming of relations, of that which was once long time arch rival and natural born enemies of the East Asian continent -- China and Japan...  Korea, IMO, was merely just an underdog here in a brutal game played out by Americans...

Ever since Junichiro Koizumi left office, practically every succeeding administration of Japan started cozying up to Beijing followed by reciprocal ministerial exchanges and then by friendly naval visits to the point of Presidential interchanges by both country; a proposal of an Northeast Asian Pack even; and, what's worst, Japan's immediate refusal to renew America's lease in Okinowa...  All negative trends not in favor of the Americans...  

The dilemma for America is this: If Japan starts to disregard the Americans in favor of [its interest to play a bigger role in the Asia Pacific theatre], disregard America it did, instead of continuing to permit itself to be nothing more but America's lap dog, which it was; then that's a worry I'm sure the Americans ain't gonna just persist;  hence the attack on Toyota...

Yukio Hatoyama finally retracted on his Okinowa stance, the attacks on Toyota, clearly and visibly starts to subside. Presently, it's practically even none existent, so go figure...

Lee's Korea, of course, saw what happened to Toyota and probably knows Samsung might be next if he don't play ball with Washington. IMHO, Lee essentially had no option in the matter but to play his part as his part was expected to be played...

I think the North Koreans saw through that. For that reason, they kept their cool and permitted Wen Jiabao to play out China's balancing act to equalize the weight America had thrown in the Cheonan incident instead of starting a shooting war...

Again, my two cents worth of course...

[ Last edited by edisonone at 2010-6-1 01:31 PM ]
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-2 05:44:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by edisonone at 2010-6-2 05:28
My personal opinion:

It principally has to do with the thawing of tensions, and the warming of relations, of that which was once long time arch rival and natural born enemies of the East Asian c ...

Very interesting ideas.  It is very plausible since the Toyota thing seemed to come from nowhere.  Even one of my friends who used to work in Detroit for the American Auto companies admitted ALL american cars have the same problems as Toyota because they use the same parts.  

I wish the common people of Japan and Korea knew this.  Asian media and governments need to inform the people about America's dirty secrets and deals with Asia.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.