- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 914 Hour
- Reading permission
Wooooo! Why are you being so snarky....?
Originally posted by RobertB at 2010-6-4 15:56
Well, then the simple reply to you is that if the Chinese can make war movies that don't adhere to reality, then why can't other countries do the same. I have seen so many Chinese movies that port ...
I must have touched a raw nerve? Now allow me to educate you on this matter. First this topic has been discussed several times before on this site. So I'll be repeating myself (sighhhh) but it has to be done for the truth demands it. Now for a few Major points...
1) In the 1920's and 30's the west (via Britain) discovered the Chinese as the villain in the Fu Manchu and Flash Gordon serials where Ming, the merciless reigned supreme as the diabolical villain. And, yes, Racism, was a huge factor in this. This went on for decades and even into the late sixties (the civil rights period; human rights, racial equality, yadda, yadda, yadda). It established the Chinese male as gangster and criminal in people's minds...
2) In the 50's saw The World of Suzie Wong, the Chinese woman as the good hearted tart saved from her fate by a white man. It established that Chinese (asian) women as tarts. (You notice how many western men flock to asia, including China, looking for the easy lay?
3) The eighties saw the movie Year of the Dragon with Chinese as the bad guys again, thus continuing what started in the 20's and 30's.
4) Even as recently as 2006 saw Martin Scorsese's Departed with the Chinese (from the mainland this time!) being the bad guys. Ironically he took this story from a Chinese film and won his first academy award.
5) And now this Red Dawn....
In the intervening years saw asians (Chinese) on tv and movies being portrayed as victims, nerds, useless, incompetent, yadda, yadda, yadda. And this has been going on for close to 90 years. And is continuing with Red Dawn. You think this has no bearing on how people see other people? How others might see the Chinese...? You think there's no influence...90 years worth...?
So the Chinese make some movies that portray whites and Japanese as bad guys. So what? Any of these movies were made 90 years ago? No, they weren't. They're new and recent and indictaes that the general Chinese audience is waking up to the realities of how Hollywood (and the western media) perceives them. And they're finally fighting back...thank god! They're learning. How about you...?
Did your wonderful education in your wonderful country with its wonderful educational system ever taught you the above?
(By the by, you haven't addressed why the Penta-goon and the CIA are involved with Hollywood in makiing movies. You think they'd be helping Hollywood make movies if they thought movies had NO influence...?)
[ Last edited by ganzhuolin at 2010-6-5 12:13 AM ]