Author: polaris1120

Kill Chinese? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-2 15:11:19 |Display all floors
It`s only a movie....whoever takes Hollywood serious is the real fool here.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-2 16:30:29 |Display all floors
Western countries want to restrict the development of China,but their conspiracy are doomed to fail

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-2 16:33:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by teamosnow at 2010-6-2 16:30
Western countries want to restrict the development of China,but their conspiracy are doomed to fail

You should overcome your inferiority complex, life would become much more colorful, believe me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-2 17:39:03 |Display all floors
polaris1120,
Why are you complaining about a remake of a 30-year old movie. It's JUST A MOVIE!!

I seem to recall a Chinese movie that made the Japanese invaders out to be a gang of mentally handicapped buffoons who couldn't seem to do anything right, and the Chinese were portrayed as the smartest people on the planet. Apparently, this is ok to do, but the American movie industry remaking a movie and substituting a Chinese antagonist is not. Does the yellow man speak with forked tongue?

"China censors in the name of peace......................."
Really? Since when? I've always been of the impression that the censors censor what the CPC doesn't like / finds to be sensitive / doesn't follow Party guidelines, etc., etc., etc. That is NOT censoring in the name of peace.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-2 17:49:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Kbay at 2010-6-2 17:47
A sensational thread title over a pointless topic!

Polaris is the CD bumboy of the worst kind.

I like his threads more than most of the other really dumb and useless threads her on CD. Go on polaris,ignore the haters!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-2 22:46:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by revdrjohnson at 2010-6-1 22:11
Don't panic, Chinese people. American moviegoers are more intelligent than you might think.

We know that movie plots are drama: and we've ALWAYS had movies about some foreign bad guy -- Japs, G ...

Of course they know it's drama but that doesn't mean it won't affect people. It's similar to commercials; of course people know that commercials are from companies trying to se ll their products. So you wouldn't think that the commercials would influence people to buy their products. But they do. That's why companies spend billions of dollars on advertisement. Repetition is the key. When certain "facts" get reinforced over and over again in peoples minds they become more inclined to believe them. That's especially true for the people who aren't real discerning.

And I wouldn't call it flavor of the week. Fifty years ago the Chinese and the Russians were the "bad guys" and they still are. But now there is more focus on the Chinese and less focus on the Russians. Fifty years ago there were a lot of anti-Japanese movies and  anti-Japanese sentiment. But I don't see that much now I think because the Japanese have become Americas lapdogs so they are now largely forgiven for their transgressions.

[ Last edited by kyosan at 2010-6-2 07:50 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-2 23:07:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Kbay at 2010-6-2 02:47
A sensational thread title over a pointless topic!

Polaris is the CD bumboy of the worst kind.

Well I think that the subject of propaganda in movies is an important subject. No one should be surprised when they see movies like this though because they are not new.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.