Author: Alex2010

Berlin Court Rules Against Mu slim Student Prayers [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-5-30 08:43:23 |Display all floors

Oppression

Originally posted by JFenix at 2010-5-30 07:31

How are they violating rights with their dress?  No one is ever forced to wear it.  It doesn't hide identity.
It's not used to oppress women.

They look unsightly.They represent Zionism which oppresses everyone on the planet.The workers in
sweatshops are killing themselves because Anglo Zionist greed is driving them too hard.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-30 12:37:08 |Display all floors

Imagine...

... that it was a Jewish student...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-30 21:54:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-5-30 11:40
I really fail to understand the upper court's rationale. Yes, Christians don't have a prayer room on school premises, either, but that Muslim student apparently was cooperative in that he didn't fo ...

It's separation of church and state.  That was a public school, so it is funded by the state.  The state cannot sponser relgion.  Here, there are other options (I can't speak for germany), you can set up a private school which allows for prayers.  There are many catholic schools around here.  So parents have a choice, but if they want their kids going to a religious school - they have to pay for it out of their own pockets.  This ensures separation of church and state and religious freedom.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-30 21:56:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by funtogo at 2010-5-30 12:37
... that it was a Jewish student...

I've never met a jewish fundamentalist - do they have to pray 5 times a day?
The jews I went to school with were like everyone else - no special needs to pray.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-30 22:00:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2010-5-30 21:56

The jews I went to school with were like everyone else - no special needs to pray.

go to New York and meet some orthodox jews....those whose women have to be bald(shave their hair) etc. There are extremistic jews...but they stay among themselves and don`t force others to become like them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-30 22:05:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2010-5-30 21:56

Really?

Try this one:

"Let's nuke Gaza" (Avigdor Lieberman, Israeli Foreign Minister, spoken during operation Cast Lead in Dec. 2008).

Ever heard of the Goldstone Report?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-30 22:08:18 |Display all floors
Yeah, and the German Supreme Court in Karlsruhe had ruled some time ago, that crucifixes should not be hang in class rooms of public schools.

So what, equal rights or duties for all religions.

Are Muslim pupils in Shanghai or Guangzhou allowed to worship in public schools ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.