Author: fatboy

Why are Chinese girls so passive in finding a boyfriend? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-5-26 17:47:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Sarazhu1984 at 2010-5-26 15:48

I hope you can read below passage or maybe you have read it.
It is easy for you to find and understand  the answer.

现在的我们已经到了谈婚论嫁的年龄,
但是身边好多同学和同事仍然是单身。 ...

So true.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2010-5-26 19:25:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Sarazhu1984 at 2010-5-26 16:04

Sorry Chao ren,this is a Chinese passgae.
I will check if I have much time and I will try hard to translate it into English.
So you can understand it more easily.:)

Whisper it in my ear when we meet

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-27 00:04:08 |Display all floors
I tried to translate the text above but not quite clear of the meaning.  Seems that Chinese girls may be unlucky in finding the right guy (and why should they settle for second best?).
There seems to be a bit of desperation in their voices though - almost a cry out of 'please someone ANYONE marry me'.  It's sad.
I really believe that Shanghai will see a lot of shengnu (or 3S) women around.  I think this will become quite a large demographic for the following reasons:
House prices are getting ridiculously high and so men are taking longer to buy one - by the time they have a decent house (maybe in a downtown area) they could be well into their 30's.  They look for a wife and look for a girl in her mid-20's.  The same age group of women as the guys could get left behind (this may only happen with one generation).
Many Shanghai girls have bought into the publicity that they are made of gold and only should marry a guy with two houses, a car, a car for her and a lot of cash for her parents.  Not many of these guys around.  However, there are MANY beautiful girls in Shanghai to choose from.
While the male:female ratio demographics in China may have more men than women in the big cities it is probably more equal (in some demographics females outnumber males), causing more competition for the woman.

Ultimately I think there is a HUGE burden for young Chinese women in China to find a husband.

It would seem that if she is still single at the age of 28 then it's a big problem.

Single over 30 and it's as if her whole life is finished.

Modern life in Shanghai is very harsh for the average Chinese girl.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-27 10:38:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 1584austin at 2010-5-26 19:25

Whisper it in my ear when we meet

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-31 16:38:54 |Display all floors
it seems that i'm the kind of  girl you are talking about.the only difference is i'm a little bit younger than what you say.but stii we are 80's generation.the truth is when i was  in high school,i don't have the chance to have a long-term boyfriend .when i was in university ,i don't want a boyfriend,i don't know why,maybe i just want to have fun. but now, when i have a stable job,i want to think about the marriage thing,but i feel i'm quite a loser in love affairs.can you understand that feeling? i'm good ,but why i can't have a boyfriend?i'm thinking about this everyday.and every time i ask myself  this question,i feel depressed.then i don't have the confidence to meet guys .i know it's pathetic.but it's my life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-31 17:56:19 |Display all floors
hehe, you are in a big city of china. many people from other small cities and villages to there, and you should not understant the press of these ones. chinese girls will think more about life, for example, the job which BF/husband do, stable income and so on, because you know the society insurance of china is not consummate, we must plan more as we can.

and as you said age of the girls, many of them may be hurt by someone before. so they must choice MR RIGHT  carefully.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-3 22:37:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by little thing at 2010-5-26 16:25
a 5000-yr culture

That is debatable.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.