Author: chinawatcher

HK election aims to pressure Beijing for democracy [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-5-17 17:36:12 |Display all floors

RE: Kbay and Wahahaha

Wow - If your intention is not to persuade/ reason with those HK people, then that is contrary to CCP's policy. Moreover, I also identify that as a source of danger. For if you don't talk/reason with them, are you suggesting the use of force? You cited Bush as a man refuses to reason, but I find you appear to be on the same boat as he is - since you tell us that you are not going to reason/ persuade. This is almost an act of war mate. Now I am not surprised why HK people are unwilling to accept China as their motherland - cos mainlanders don't even like us. If we have different culture, different language and different ideology, perhaps, Hong Kong will be better off going British again.

And no, I am ethnic chinese living in the UK. I do not have Chinese citizenship. And no, I am not from Hong Kong. If that is what you are wondering. My grandfather escaped from China during the japanese invasion. He tells me many stories about China, and i supposed, that is the reason that I am in love with China and very much wanna help.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-17 17:39:47 |Display all floors

RE: dual citizenship

I am extremely disappointed that you identify me as not thinking in the best interest of China - merely because of where I was born and for who I am

Look mate, I can't change where I was born, or where I was brought up, or who i am. All I can say is that I love china, whether you believe it or not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-17 18:24:35 |Display all floors
I mean your hostility against Hong Kong is almost an act of war. And you just prove my point - by further insulting me - you demonstrate that  you don't even like Hong Kongers . I then ask Why should Hong Kong be part of a country that doesn't even want them.

Quote "Or are you one of those subver5ives with ulterior motives" you talk like CCP's propaganda. O well, I supposed that's cos you read China daily everyday as your one and only source of information. I then have grounds to argue that you have been brainwashed by CCP then.

I am not angry at you. I just feel sorry for you. For you probably have never been aboard and see the world. Don't read what is in the news. Go and see it yourself. Only then can you understand Westerner's perspective. And only then can you make progress for China. And mark my word, in 100 years time, China will go towards a democracy. And the movement will not come from its people (i.e. you), but from the party leader themselves. Perhaps you havn't realise China is beginning to comply (in a very earlier form) with some of the human rights regulation. And when was the last time our party's leaders tell us that democracy is bad for China? That's right! its in the 80s. Perhaps we should start wondering why CCP has stopped openly criticising the concept of democracy. Moreover, some remote village in China is already practising an early form of democracy to elect their 'village leader'. I don't need to remind you that China's rise is caused by the Deng's reform. And he is the one who insists on "one country, two system".. Perhaps he sees, in the long run, Hong Kong's system can be followed by China as a model.

Finally, if you two are just going to insult whoever advocate any pro-democratic thoughts, then you are not achieving the objective of this forum: to foster constructive discussion to improve China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-17 18:27:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinawatcher at 2010-5-17 18:24
I mean your hostility against Hong Kong is almost an act of war. And you just prove my point - by further insulting me - you demonstrate that  you don't even like Hong Kongers . I then ask Why shou ...

Sad thing is: he has been abroad. Even isn`t a mainlander......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-17 18:28:04 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-17 18:30:07 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-17 18:33:11 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.