Check out my threads on CD:

Under News Talk, World Affairs Today
1. India Democratic Poverty  
2. African Democracy Disasters

Under News Talk, China & the World
1. Mexican Drug War - a disaster of democracy
2. Religion = Moral

Originally posted by chinawatcher at 2010-5-17 05:50
Interesting perspective. Perhaps it would be constructive to examine the differences between western cutlural thoughts and chinese cutlural thoughts.
1) Chinese cultural thoughts mainly  ...
-

The problem is Christian racism, hypocrisy and double standards which bypass the complexity of human societies. Quote from my thread, US Visa Bulletin: Modern Racism, Fear and Closeness

Originally posted by timbatu at 2010-5-9 13:12
-

EU population 800,000,000 immigration quota ratio 8E-5

World population 7,000,000,000 immigration quota ratio 4E-5

China population 1,500,000,000 immigration quota ratio 1E-7

Findings:

(1) Europeans are given twice more opportunities than the rest of the World.
(2) A European is given more than 100 times more opportunity than a Chinese to become an American.

What a shocking inequality, a man-made inequality. Shame.  
-

I understand you believe in God. Does discrimination bother you?

[ Last edited by timbatu at 2010-5-17 06:28 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-17 08:05:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinawatcher at 2010-5-16 20:33
By MIN LEE
The Associated Press
Sunday, May 16, 2010; 12:39 AM

HONG KONG -- Hong Kongers voted Sunday in territory-wide special elections triggered by five opposition legislators who resigned ...

will that be workable?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-17 09:55:12 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-17 09:58:39 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-17 10:08:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinawatcher at 2010-5-16 20:33
By MIN LEE
The Associated Press
Sunday, May 16, 2010; 12:39 AM

HONG KONG -- Hong Kongers voted Sunday in territory-wide special elections triggered by five opposition legislators who resigned ...

A voters turnout less than 20%, seems the political clowns already thwarted by Hongkong people.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-5-17 13:32:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by liuyedao at 2010-5-17 11:08

A voters turnout less than 20%, seems the political clowns already thwarted by Hongkong people.

It was a turnout of 17,1% and not all of them voted for the so called pro-dem0cracy candidates. Conclusion: Failure!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-17 16:30:15 |Display all floors

RE: timbatu ; RE: Wahahaha

RE: timbatu

It seems to me that you identify 'racism' as part of Western values. That, however, at least from my observation, is not. Rather, it is Western "practice". Christianity, like Buddism, is an ideal for people to follow. But it is never 'strictly followed'. For racism arises from fear. The ignorance kind of fear. When they see something that is not familiar to them, they identify them as 'aliens'. That was, and still is, Yet, if you look at Chinese history, we find Han inevitably does the same practice. Of course, we don't call it racism. We just call the other 'barbarism' or some kind of 'invasion' from the others. But boiling it down, it all comes down to the same thing - inequality. Even in today's China, every Chinese is considered 'equal' before the law. But in practice, we all know that other ethnic minorities sometimes get discriminated against. Similar practice can be found in other parts of the world. say India for example, we find North Indians (with lighter skin colour) discriminated against southern indians (with darker skin). When we ask why is all these happening - it all comes down to the "ignorance kind of fear". The unfamiliarity. We are all unsecured. And to 'secure' ourselves' we like to make friends with those we are 'familiar' with. Thus, we then have grounds to identify this 'ignorance kind of fear' as human nature.

Following the logic, this means 1000 years later, when the entire world are all the same 'colour'. There may still be 'racism' or 'ignorance kind of fear'. For there will always be differences among human beings. Whether it is based on ideology, religion or other believes. It is human nature and the 'unsecured' gene' passed on throughout history and will continue to pass on. Education of tolerance can reduce its damages, but it will never completely stop the problem. Racism, or what i like to call 'ignorance kind of fear', is like crime, or drugs. You can never 100% stop crime, and you can only 'reduce' it. Therefore, I may have a basis to predict, the future kind of racism, say in 1000 years later, is not going to based on skin colour, but on different ideology and religion.

Re: Wahahaha

You 'may' be right. You may be absolutely right. You may be 100% right on everything and people should start listening to you. But by calling people names like "scum" and insulting them will only drive those "opposition" away from you. Insulting them will only make them get really angry and never to listen to you again. So whatever you are trying to persuade them here. IT IS NOT WORKING. Instead, by communicating with them in a sensible way, say talking logics, would. Pro-democrats are people, like you, they have the ability to sit down and listen to whatyou have to say. But that would not happen if you are yelling at them. Although I see your comments are all written in "good faith" (i.e. you truly believe in what you say), you are not achieving your goal (that is, if your goal is to stop democracy in HK). Your comments will only lead to separation-ism, fostering the pro-democrats to get more radical and leading them to a road to achieve absolute democracy. so please stop with all the insults. You are damaging China. You are separating China! If you truly love China, if you truly are a patriot, please stop with all the insulting - I don't want to see my country fell apart. And I am not telling this to you, but also those who turn this forum into a forum of insult. Please everyone. For China's sake, stop separation-sim!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.