Author: ruotong

why get married?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-16 13:44:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ruotong at 2010-5-7 13:53

well-said. thanks for your opinion :)
marriage bounds so many factors together. Personal desires and  social norms might be the top two factors, Few people like to be isolated from the soc ...

I really doubt thats about marriage though, seems more likely that it's two people are better tahn one. So why not have two husbands and two wives together?

Or why not just have people who love each other helping each other raise children. Why the need for marriage?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-16 15:22:56 |Display all floors

Reply #2 linjian's post

cute girl

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-26 13:15:19 |Display all floors
Marriage is like a besieged castle; those who are on the outside wish to get in; and those who are on the inside wish to get out.         -----------Qian Zhongshu

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-20 06:04:19 |Display all floors
When you have something wrong with you - you are feeling ill - you go and see a doctor and you get treated - and you feel better.

People who get married have a need - they are hurting inside - and they need to be cured of this hurt called love - so they get married.  Psychologically they feel that the hurt has been cured because they have for all time - the one they love.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-24 19:29:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by terryfoy at 2010-8-20 06:04
When you have something wrong with you - you are feeling ill - you go and see a doctor and you get treated - and you feel better.

People who get married have a need - they are hurting inside - a ...

nice explaination!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-6 00:10:35 |Display all floors

It is a balance of power thing

Marriage is a matter of give and take. Depends on what you want out of it. Some people give up the minimum amount of freedom and individuality. Marriage is not just a bondage but also a power struggle.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-20 17:15:36 |Display all floors
Well what a hard question to answer .Maybe just because we are in the society and have to obey the the law of it .If you say that I 'd like to get over my life on my own it seems that's impossible ,your friends ,your parents all people around you would thought you are mad .Or because we just want to avoid being longly and like the saying goes "Two heads are better than one" when met with the trouble.But when it comes to the wrong match ,it's only a tragedy.Like the funny jokes I married the wrong guy so I wear wedding ring on the wrong finger.I believe everything has its destiney ,who knows what god has arramged for you .No one knows!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.