Author: expatter

Are Americans Too Broken for the Truth to Set Us Free? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-29 21:19:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2010-4-29 21:07

Or are you just making up stuff as you go along again?

One hundred years ago, Sigmund Freud arrived in the United States on his first and only visit. As the George Washington pulled into New York Harbor, he supposedly remarked to Carl Jung, who accompanied him, "They don't realize that we are bringing them the plague." His more vociferous contemporary critics would probably agree.

-Russell Jacoby, chronicle.com (Sept. 21, 2009)

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-4-29 21:43:45 |Display all floors

TV

Thanks.

I will try that.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-4-29 21:44:43 |Display all floors

TV #11

Well, they have definitely given up in the UK.

Any mention of curbing immigration and debating it is racist.   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-29 21:46:48 |Display all floors

Alex2010

Thanks, I don't know.

I will try:

screwed abuse system.

Here we go.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-30 00:22:14 |Display all floors

Nice try at a rebound, but...

Originally posted by baofeng at 4/29/2010 08:19 AM
One hundred years ago, Sigmund Freud arrived in the United States on his first and only visit. As the George Washington pulled into New York Harbor, he supposedly remarked to Carl Jung, who  ...

... that word will kneecap you in the end.  As for the rest of article that you are attempting to quote - here is the weblink for the rest of the folks to use and peruse with:

ht tp://chronicle.c om/article/Freuds-Visit-to-Clark-U/48424/
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-30 00:24:58 |Display all floors

Heard about that gaffe...

Originally posted by expatter at 4/29/2010 08:44 AM
Well, they have definitely given up in the UK.

Any mention of curbing immigration and debating it is racist.   

... tried posting the entire transcript in my Don Quixote Thread, but it didn't past the filters.  <chuckle> Now it would have been more priceless if the same scenario happened with Obama after his meeting with "Joe the Plumber".  Regardless - if anyone votes for Labour after that... well there is only so much even the "card carrying party members" can take.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-30 17:16:10 |Display all floors

TV

I know the thread is about Americans, but just keeping with the other side of the pond for a moment.

The recent election debates and manifesto claims by the three main parties show this defeated attitude, not only in the helpless population in the prevailing circus, but also in the politicians.

For the first time it can plainly be seen that democracy just simply cannot work. Whoever gets voted in has the worst job on earth to pull it around, and why would someone want to do that without the tools to do it. Strange.

All three leaders have deliberately forgotten to tell the voters that the only way forward is a massive cut in Labour created government jobs and massive tax increases, no matter who takes the reins.

The next government is a four year government, without any chance of success.

The failure of democracy: You cannot tell the voters what you are going to take from them, as you will not get their vote.

Human nature I am afraid and not logic.

The same as happened to Gerhard Schröder in Germany.

Farcical at least.

Pathetic at most.     

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.