Author: wetac0s

Countries with the most debt [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-28 02:52:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-4-28 02:47

wow,100000 people out of a population of over 100 million.That`s 0,001%. Impressive.

Well how would you feel about a Korean military base in Germany.  How would you feel if Korean soldiers were raping, polluting, killing, and partying in Hamburg?  Everyone knows the bases in Japan is like a vacation for US soldiers.  Why should I pay taxes for them to have a good time?  Especially when we need people patrolling the borders of Mexico.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-28 02:52:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-4-28 02:41

Did you even read the quote?  This person makes many valid points.  If the US cares so much about other nations, why don't they care about Truk, or Palau or Guadalcanal?  Obviously, these Bases ...

You can be as angry about how the government uses the tax dollars. Still, it is not yours to decide what the government does with it. I`m not satisfied what my government does with my tax dollars....everywhere the same.
The person that posted is one of those "make love not war" unrealistic pacifistic idealists who hate their country. He may see it this way, but it is not the truth.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-28 02:54:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2010-4-28 02:42

Do not protest.German were also involved in  the greek financial scandals.Have you heard of the siemens financial scandal last year?

It`s your mess, now we have to hang in it with you. Hope you sooner or later get bancrupt.Maybe then you`ll learn.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-28 02:55:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-4-28 02:49

We are talking here about China. So,do you admit China had beef with Vietnam 1979 and 1984? It had, and Vietnam does not forget...nor does it forget the French and US led war. See, I know you ...

The Soviets welcomed the Vietnamese drift toward the USSR, seeing Vietnam as a way to demonstrate that they were the "real power" behind communism in the Far East.

To the PRC, the Soviet-Vietnamese relationship was a disturbing development. It seemed to them that the Soviets were trying to encircle China.

The PRC started talks with the USA in the early 1970s, culminating in high level meetings with Henry Kissinger and later Richard Nixon. These meetings contributed to a re-orientation of Chinese foreign policy towards the United States. Meanwhile, the PRC also supported the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia. The PRC supported Pol Pot from fear that a unified Vietnam, in alliance with the Soviet Union, would dominate Indochina.

When there is a threat in your backdoor, you have to fight.  It's different when there is a threat from across the ocean that has nothing to do with you.  

Really, I don't think you should be talking about Chinese "wars" when your home country doesn't have a very clean history

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-28 02:58:00 |Display all floors
Vietnamese casaulties of Sino-viet war:
Less than 10,0000

Vietnamese casulties of American-Vietnam war:
220,357 dead (S. Vietnam)
1,176,000 dead/missing (N. Vietnam)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-28 02:58:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-4-28 02:52

Well how would you feel about a Korean military base in Germany.  How would you feel if Korean soldiers were raping, polluting, killing, and partying in Hamburg?  Everyone knows the bases in Ja ...

Well, if there`d be still the threat of a Soviet invasion and Korea would be a super power I`d welcome them. Hey,my country had and still has US troops on its soil. No complains so far. There were also British,French and Russian soldiers...the only ones who behaved bad where the Russians. Sure,were there are soldiers there are also problems. And don`t brag about the few bucks you pay as tax. Those are probably used for financing the education or whatever you enjoy. If you are so concerned about the Mexican border get a truck,buy a Winchester and go on patrol.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-28 03:00:32 |Display all floors
Nothing worse than a pious traitor.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.