Author: wetac0s

Countries with the most debt [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-28 02:19:24 |Display all floors
So where is that quote in post #5 from? This is the post of ONE American. See, I could find hundreds and thousands of post that talk about Chinese supremacy and the rule of the Chinese race about everyone else and quote it. What does this proof? Nothing. If this was the quote of the US secretary of state....I`d take it more serious.

[ Last edited by Alex2010 at 2010-4-28 02:21 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-28 02:37:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-4-28 02:08

It is also not your business, or that of China to decide whether other nations prefer an US presence in the Asian area. Japan,South Korea and Taiwan do.
Protests against this or that occure ev ...

It is pretty obvious Japan does not want the US bases on their land.  100,000 people gathered in protest recently.  My Japanese friends also want the US bases off.  A nation is not really sovereign unless they have their own military and are free from outside military influence.  

I am willing to let go of past atrocities.  The US is now friends with Britain after the revolutionary war, why can't asians do the same?  I want peace and prosperity for Asia.  Is that so wrong?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-28 02:38:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-4-28 02:08

It is also not your business, or that of China to decide whether other nations prefer an US presence in the Asian area. Japan,South Korea and Taiwan do.
Protests against this or that occure ev ...

what about the Vietnam war?  The french wanted to continue to colonize and oppress the Vietnamese people and the Americans had to butt in even though it was none of their business.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-28 02:41:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-4-28 02:19
So where is that quote in post #5 from? This is the post of ONE American. See, I could find hundreds and thousands of post that talk about Chinese supremacy and the rule of the Chinese race about e ...

Did you even read the quote?  This person makes many valid points.  If the US cares so much about other nations, why don't they care about Truk, or Palau or Guadalcanal?  Obviously, these Bases are not to benefit the local people.

Wouldn't you be angry if your country were using your tax dollars for military bases in other countries?

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-4-28 02:42:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-4-28 01:33

Government bonds for example.....you can buy them too. What is really sick at the moment is that Germany takes credits to give Greece credits....although the interest rates are different.^^

Do not protest.German were also involved in  the greek financial scandals.Have you heard of the siemens financial scandal last year?
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-28 02:47:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-4-28 02:37

It is pretty obvious Japan does not want the US bases on their land.  100,000 people gathered in protest recently.  My Japanese friends also want the US bases off.  A nation is not really sover ...

wow,100000 people out of a population of over 100 million.That`s 0,001%. Impressive.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-28 02:49:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-4-28 02:38

what about the Vietnam war?  The french wanted to continue to colonize and oppress the Vietnamese people and the Americans had to butt in even though it was none of their business.

We are talking here about China. So,do you admit China had beef with Vietnam 1979 and 1984? It had, and Vietnam does not forget...nor does it forget the French and US led war. See, I know you like to see the Chinese history as the history of a poor innocent victim that now "peacefully" rises. Unfortunately would some neighbours disagree.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.