Author: flowermoon

How to make a happy family? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-29 21:00:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-4-29 20:53

Xila, I think you overdo it now. Show that you are the more mature one and stop it.^^

specially making fun of chinese girls

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-29 21:55:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by flowermoon at 2010-4-22 18:18
Our parents for tradition or ignorance (sorry if i am honest) never talked in how to orientate us in life

mostly they gave orders that we had to followed

Times changed

If you are a young  ...

I am not yet a mother, but i hope i will be in the future.
I will love them more, pray for them, encourage to communicate more with me.  I will to listen and understand them and their decisions.
Sounds easy but i know it will not be.  Cheers to all the parents and the parents - to - be..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-30 10:45:22 |Display all floors

-

Your parents and Grandparents have seen the world change almost overnight. First the terrible ravages of World War2,  the Culture Revolution, then industrialization, and then the opening of China to the world and now modern China. All in one and two generations.
    The elders remember the way things used to be. The traditions of a large family, and the way of life was the key to the way families were held together. For your elders, chings have changed so much. How can they tell you how to orientate your life with so many changes and uncertain future.
    But they can tell you many things that maybe you might have missed. Not because they are ignorant, but, because the answers are so simple.
Like in the old days, a family must have common goals. Not so different today. Just different goals.
Love for eachother still exists. Except today, people don't take the time to tell eachother. Take the time.
Honesty, always the best way to raise your children. Your children are half of what each parent is. Support them. Believe in them. Be there for them.  Be proud of your children no matter what they become in life. Not every child will be king or queen of the world but your love can make them feel that way.
Never hit or degrade your children. There are other ways to punish them. Your child should love you not fear you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-30 10:50:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by spiritrace at 2010-4-30 10:45
Your parents and Grandparents have seen the world change almost overnight. First the terrible ravages of World War2,  the Culture Revolution, then industrialization, and then the opening of China t ...

:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-30 14:37:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by flowermoon at 2010-4-22 18:18
Our parents for tradition or ignorance (sorry if i am honest) never talked in how to orientate us in life

mostly they gave orders that we had to followed

Times changed

If you are a young  ...

on time communication,love and care are main factors in that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-30 14:38:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jhaye_le at 2010-4-29 21:55

I am not yet a mother, but i hope i will be in the future.
I will love them more, pray for them, encourage to communicate more with me.  I will to listen and understand them and their decisi ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-30 14:38:49 |Display all floors

Reply #12 greatlady's post

u are a good mother?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.