Author: wetac0s

North and South Korean unification [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-17 11:18:40 |Display all floors

Rely? <laugh> Your really haven't grasped...

Originally posted by wetac0s at 4/16/2010 10:06 PM
Russia has the same amount of nukes, if not more than America.  China has the most money, technology, and college grads out of any country.  I highly doubt those 2 nations need to rely on N. Korea.

... what has been talked about - the ability to keep DPRK from becoming a "unrealible ally" or at worse, a Yugoslavia/Soviet Union situation - especially with the presence of nuclear material - whether it is enough to make a workable atomic bomb, or a very nasty dirty bomb.  DPRK's missile range covers Beijing and most major Russian cities in Siberia quite well.

And before you retort that DPRK would "never" turn on their friends... as you said earlier - they are broke and starving.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-17 11:28:50 |Display all floors
Yes.  That is why it is in China's best interest to push for North and South reunification.  But that re-unification can only happen if the US troops are taken off korean soil.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-17 11:53:56 |Display all floors

Honestly?

Not going to happen until after reunification - 'Trust, but Verify'
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-17 12:31:13 |Display all floors
it is as I stated above:

If the US withdraws its troops from South Korea, then the North will conquer the South and turn it into a second North. Till the South is totally torn down as well.

At its best, this unified communist Korea would slightly release its politics of total control and intimidation of its own population. But even this is not sure.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-17 13:13:06 |Display all floors

Reply #44 bern2009's post

No.  the North would not attack the South.  There would be too much to lose.  Plus, the South Koreans can defend themselves, they do not need the help of America.  All South korean men are required to fulfill at least 2 yrs of army training anyways.  

Saying S. Korea NEEDS america to defend itself is a slap in the face to their sovereignty and pride.

[ Last edited by wetac0s at 2010-4-17 01:17 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-17 13:51:45 |Display all floors

Reply #45 wetac0s's post

how do you know that the North would not attack the South?

Remember the North Koreans are taught to value their "beloved leader" and their "holy motherland" higher than everythig, even their own life. This "leader" and "motherland" cult is a universal religion, which is unforcibly or forcibly taught to any North Korean from cradle to coffin.

Plus, the official N.K. doctrine is, those who resisted the Japense (i.e. Kim Jong Il & Co.) are the only legitimate rulers of the whole Korea. Thus, any other governments are illigitimate, and any presence of a foreign army is equivalent to usurpation.

Perhaps the leadership of the North will not attack the South immediately; however, they don't care if a few tens or hundreds of thousands of their own population are killed; and the people are willing to sacrifice themselves (I'm sure about this).

If saying the South "needs" the US is a slap into their face, you maybe ask them directly. Actually you're not a South Korean...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-17 14:35:57 |Display all floors

Reply #46 bern2009's post

First of all, are you North Korean?  Have you ever talked to a North Korean?  If not, then don't speak for them.  

Second, I have talked to many South Koreans and they do not like the US base on their land.  They want FULL sovereignty!  Not many people know that the US had many war crimes in Korea and separated North and South for their own benefit.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.