Author: polaris1120

Do you want to visit N. Korea? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-13 19:14:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lebeast at 2010-4-13 20:41

So, basically that means, you saw a few hotels and statues.

If you were lucky, they took you to eat at specialty dog restaurant. Fried gonads are a delicacy, I hear.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-13 19:22:42 |Display all floors
Visiting North Korea means spending a huge amount of money (that is definately not worth what you get) and by this support the regime, seeing only what the regime wants you to see, cruising with your "guards" over empty roads, not having the ability to speak to "normal" people, spending the night in a hotel were unimaginable expensive prostitutes offer their services etc. Great trip.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-13 19:46:37 |Display all floors
I voted yes, simply because I'd like to publically, and in Kim-chee's face, laugh at and ridicule his workers "paradise".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-13 20:01:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by polaris1120 at 2010-4-13 11:41
i really don't know that n.korea prides itself in racial purity. anyway, they came to the peninsula from china in the past, didn't they?

The government seems to if you believe all the hype.  Desa just posted about a book that outlines how racial purity is important to the north koreans.
I've read stories where pregnant koren women coming back from china are forced to have abortions.  If true, this is unacceptable.  If they would do that - I
don't have much faith in the N. Koreans accepting other peoples and cultures.  I certainly would not feel safe there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-14 18:04:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-4-13 03:06 AM
Prof Joke CHing,

did you bring the starving masses some freebies during your jaunt there? Like U.S. flags, pics of the Statue of Liberty, SNICKERS bars, U.S. post stamps, or food supplements?

think like that would earn u a ticket to the gulag.

the xtian zealots with their idiotic smear of the north korea are ridiculous enough.  but u have to suck them all in just to be one of the mob.

like i said in my video, be sure to visit the squashed porcelain drum when u r in north korea.  u ll learn some true about the north koreans.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-14 18:08:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lebeast at 2010-4-13 03:11 AM

So, basically that means, you saw a few hotels and statues.

i talked extensively with a local, by rejecting the most critical part of the trip.  and i learn the north koreans are tough bunch of people.

if u ever go there, try to remember most people u see are farmers, who never go to the hair dressers and beauty saloons.  they look a little run down but there are real people, compared to the plastic modern people i was with that jeer at their appearances.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-14 18:14:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lebeast at 2010-4-13 03:12 AM
Did you buy flowers for $5 USD to lay at the feet of the statue of Kim?

that's the part i skipped.  and that shut up a lot of jeering western fellow visitors, who would bad mouth the kim's every chance they get.  but some german ladies and an old america gentleman supported my behavior.

i did pay $250 to see the mass game.(almost fall asleep, until the dancing girls with the long swords showed up, giving me flashing imagery of many american invaders loosing their manhood.)
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.