Author: expatter

Jap Drug Smugglers Executed – Racism or Hypocrisy? [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-4-8 00:54:21 |Display all floors

#36 and # 37

Too much drink can be dangerous!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-8 00:57:43 |Display all floors
WHY ???

I am not supporting drug trafficking or drug consuming, but there is something about it which had never stopped puzzling me.

Dealing and smuggling hard drugs, like Heroin, are severely punished in many countries, not a few countries even carry the death penalty.

All this despite the well known fact, that consuming cigarettes are far more common and the death toll is quite staggering. China is not an exception.

In China alone, 600,000 smoking-related deaths occur annually and it is estimated that one-third of all young men in China will be killed by tobacco if current smoking rates continue.

------------

Why Heroin and similar drugs are punished with the death penalty.

And the far more devastating addiction to tobacco has been legalized, you can buy and sell and you can carry them through any airport.

In the first case the poppy fields of farmers are going to be destroyed (surely okay with me), but the tobacco farmers in many countries are even subsidized.

Can anyone give me a reasonable explanation for this ?

Basing from the fact, that China has 63 percent male smokers, I assume that the proportion in this forum might reach at least 50 percent smokers.

I did smoke, too, more than 25 years ago, so I know how it is.

I also know how hard it is to stop.

But, as a cigarette smoker in this forum, would you not feel uncomfortable calling for the death penalty of drug smugglers ?

Does no one see the close relation between tobacco and other drugs ?

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-4-8 01:12:10 |Display all floors

RMB

Cigarettes do not destroy the ability to function.

Therefore have no income.

A smoker with no money is not likely to knife someone to death for money for cigarettes.

Or turn to prostitution.

Whereas, a heroin addict cannot live without the fix.

Heroin turns normal people into killers and murderers.

Turns wonderful young ladies into a lifetime of prostitution with an owner.

No, not the same.

Far from it.

That is why heroin is so lethal.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-8 01:53:27 |Display all floors
I don't see any point in this discussion!

The Chinese law is layed down perfectly clear.
Anyone caught smuggling drug will get the Death Penalty.
The Asian got it.
The Japanese's wish was eventually granted.
Hopefully, the Anglos criminals now locked away awaiting for the verdicts will get what they deserve too!

When, how, why, what, etc. is for the Chinese legal system to decide, and not the busines of you, me or any foreigner to say.
Any question?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-8 02:06:13 |Display all floors

ThankoPan

Any question?

Yes, did you you read the thread to find out what is about?

Maybe then come back with your question. :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-8 04:05:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2010-4-8 02:06
Any question?

Yes, did you you read the thread to find out what is about?

Maybe then come back with your question. :)

Okay, I confess.
I didn't take the effort to read it.
But I stand by what I said.

[ Last edited by ThankoPan at 2010-4-8 05:41 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-8 05:40:53 |Display all floors

Ding! Ding! Ding! Well done....

Originally posted by expatter at 2010-4-8 00:53
Thank you for discussing me.

Most honoured, I am sure.

I notice that you also gave no credence at all to the fact that another life was lost by execution.

No canard sympathies with the v ...

Once more my dear friend, senny has hung himself on his own petard! He did protest mightily when the britisher was executed, citing how babaric it was and that he (the great humanitarian he implies that he is) was offended. And now hardly more than a squeak from him about our Japanese victim. Clealry 'race' plays a role as to the degree of venom directed against China by him and his racist-ilk.

(Naturally, he predictably tries to cover his naked racism by accusing you of raising a worn issue.)

It's a clever thread actually...and as you rightly surmised hardly a peep about this japanese fellow from those who also protested vociferously about the executed britisher.

So much for their 'heart felt' protests against the death penalty. Heh!

[ Last edited by ganzhuolin at 2010-4-8 09:52 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.