Views: 25573|Replies: 109

Jap Drug Smugglers Executed – Racism or Hypocrisy? [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-4-7 13:01:12 |Display all floors
Chinadaily BBS » News Talk » China & the World>> China executes Japanese drug smuggler. Souvenir.
O Replies
Chinadaily BBS » News Talk » China & the World >> Japanese drug smuggler to be executed in China! Mariame.
5 replies

Jap Drug Smugglers Executed – Racism or Hypocrisy?

It is very notable that the two threads I found on this, souvenir 0 replies and mariame 5 replies, seemed rather light when in comparison to Mr Shaikh the pseudo Brit executed for the same crime. Chinadaily BBS » News Talk» China & the World» Heroin traffickers deserve to die.

There were two main threads as I remember, the previous went to some 200 replies and the other 100 replies. A total of 300 replies for Mr. Shaikh and only 5 replies for the two Japanese executed.

Why is that?

I could only think of one main reason in the case of the Japanese – Apathy.

That raises the interesting question as to why there is apathy when the criminals are Japanese, as compared to say the case of a Brit.

I can only assume two conclusions.

The first would be racism, and second would be the media pack intervention.

In the first instance, the lives of these Asians or Japanese are of no importance and therefore not worth the same furore accorded to the Brit. Because they are Asians their lives are of no consequence and therefore not worth defending as worth saving. The idea that ALL life is precious does not enter this thread and certainly nowhere near as vociferously as expressed in the Shaikh thread. The case of war in Korea, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia certainly suggest this fact that Asians are only worth anything when an HR violation can be highlighted for political leverage and gain.

Or did I miss something here?

In the second reason, media intervention. It would seem that when the British Government fed their media pack the case of Mr. Shaikh, it was grabbed and expanded with the human angle placed right at the forefront. Winston Smith wrote some of his finest articles and spread these to the wolves who fed them to the Proles.

The Proles read the stories and took this up with vengeance with cries of shame and inhumane. Even post execution the media still wrote about a frozen unmarked grave and robbed body parts. Mr. Shaikh was shot by a single bullet, a firing squad and lethal injection.

Winston gave him a multiplicity of deaths and the Proles swallowed it wholeheartedly.

It is at this point I would ask those previously most vociferous supporters of Mr. Shaikh, which category do You belong to?

Are you just simply a racist?

Or,

Just a media Prole?

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-4-7 17:18:00 |Display all floors
So, were the sympathetic posters for the Brit Mr. Shaikh rascist?

They have shown that Asian lives don't count.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-7 17:18:42 |Display all floors
Or were they media Proles who react only when their media stirs them up?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-7 17:20:02 |Display all floors
Or was there another reason the two Japanese executed are of no importance.

If there is another reason.

I would like to know it.  

Anyone.   

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-4-7 17:37:12 |Display all floors
Racism? I don't believe it. Mr. Shaik was a British citizen but of Middle Eastern descent. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Apathy? More likely but the question is why?

My understanding is that Japan did not really make much noise about this case. The government expressed regret but did not condemn China. The reaction was that always the laws of the country have to be observed. Media reported it today but with restraint. I'm not sure if this calm attitude will prevail after the execution of three more Japanese who are on a death row and expected to be executed within this week.

In the case of Mr. Shaik the British PM personally intervened and asked for clemency. This was enough fodder for the press to make a big issue out of this case.

The reaction on this board is a reflection of the 'anti China league's' real sentiments. They give a rat's @ss about non Caucasians but also found out quickly that this case is not good enough for propaganda.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-7 17:50:51 |Display all floors

satsu

Thanks

Basically, the vociferous postings were then indeed only a reaction to the media frenzy.

The Winston Smith articles whipping the Proles to action.

That action being, 'China bashing'.

They they really didn't care about Mr. Shaikh.

Just an excuse to point the finger at China.

So just pure hypocrisy then.   

Whatever, the amount of reaction to the two different events is shameful.   

And revealing at the same time.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-7 18:02:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2010-4-7 13:01
I could only think of one main reason in the case of the Japanese – Apathy.

That raises the interesting question as to why there is apathy when the criminals are Japanese, as compared to say the case of a Brit.

I can only assume two conclusions.

The first would be racism, and second would be the media pack intervention....

What a load of bollocks.

People don't care because there was no issue over the man's guilt.

It became an issue for the UK citizen because some people believed, right or wrong, he was not responsible for his actions.

Simple as that.

Trust you to try to make something out of nothing - a rather sad attempt to regurgitate an old story amid shouts of racism (while casually forgetting his skin color).

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.