Views: 2107|Replies: 7

Public posting of citizens' credit records legal or not? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-3-30 13:06:41 |Display all floors
It was reported by some Chinese media that thousands of citizens' credit reports were listed both on the government website and in the local newspaper of Suining county, Jiangsu province, with their real name, gender, adress and scores of credit fined or gained within the past two months.

A case in point is Gu Zishuang, a citizen from Suining county, who had 420 "creidt points" deducted for not paying his lones 14 times from January to February. He received a D-level honesty label, the lowest one, from the local government.

The full score will be 1,000 points, and every citizen will be given a credit label from A to D, according to their scores.

Those with A level will have a greater priority in career promotion, school entrance and social secure application while those with D level will be stripped of the oportunity for assistance from the community and application for a business license.

What do you think of the practice of the local government? Is it legal or not to publish citizens' information, esp such private information without their agreement?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-30 13:09:30 |Display all floors
What is not "legal" in China ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-30 15:03:04 |Display all floors
To exist is legal

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-30 15:07:05 |Display all floors
thses are for Gov servants

& those lazy ones needs to buck up

or else deserve it
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-3-30 15:09:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mariame at 2010-3-30 14:06

1. What do you think of the practice of the local government?
Copy code

My first reaction was - it's highly illegal but I believe China has no data protection law, which is very bad. As long as such a law does not exist it's not illegal to publish private datas, or so I believe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-30 15:16:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2010-3-30 15:07
thses are for Gov servants

& those lazy ones needs to buck up

or else deserve it

These are not for the civil servants, but for the ordinary citizens. Wang Tianqi, secretary for Suining county said that the purpose is to create a system that reminds people that being honest and credible will benifit your life in the long run, and cheating and dishonesty will do your harm? And I wonder who gave him or the local government the right to judge people by posting online the citizens' private information?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-30 15:22:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2010-3-30 15:09

1. What do you think of the practice of the local government?
Copy code

My first reaction was - it's highly illegal but I believe China has no data protection law, which is very bad. A ...

I totally agree with you. China has no law on personal information protection so such thing happens. But it is a pity that it is an act from the government.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.