Author: expatter

Behind Dalai Lama's holy cloak [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-20 07:32:49 |Display all floors

#1 Excellent article......

I'm afraid, though, that it may pass as a blank page with no meaning for those that so oftenly like to "join in the show" the DL displays everytime he is greeted by one of those "I wanna have a picture with him" politicians!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-20 07:41:38 |Display all floors
Wow - looks like he's into social media these days.  You can 'follow his holiness on twitter' and be a fan of his facebook page.
I hate to say it, but I just lost a lot of respect for him over that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-20 11:33:43 |Display all floors
He also has his own website  and he has his own board of trustees in New York which handle his "finances".  Everything about that website is so hypocritical and "angenda-serving".  It reeks of political and social manipulation.  There is such a thing called seperation of church and state.  Apparently, Americans think it only applies to Christianity, but it can be applied to any religion including Buddhism.  Supporting the DL would be like supporting the Pope to be president.  

After seeing his website, there is no doubt in my mind that he is funded by partisan political interests.  

This makes me angry to think that someone can abuse a religion like that and people think he is a saint.  It really is true that just because you wear a robe, it does not mean you are holy - as is the case with the catholic pedophiles.  

I think many westerners have such a romantic perspective about Buddhism.  They think monks are pure and devout.  Little do they know many people become monks because it is a comfortable life where they are given all the luxuries they want.  I have seen monks walking around with cellphones and feasting on beef.  The grass is not greener on the other side.  Eastern religions can be just as corrupt as western religions.  Buddhist temples have elaborate ornaments with gold roofs.  Most of the tibetans were slaves working for the monastery before the 1950s.  

Buddhism teaches that Ignorance, desire, and conflict should be uprooted.  The DL is not enlightened and he has never experienced Nirvana.  Nirvana is transcending consciousness and leaving all desire behind.  Obviously, the DL still has many desires.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-4-20 19:37:51 |Display all floors

seneca

Duuuuuuhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aren't the monks morally compelled to help others.
And particularly in a situation like this.

The Guangdong team were the only team that went there??????????????

Tardy food distribution! Well of course that is all they had to do, just give out food.
They didn't have to dig out 1,500 people, set up tents, move supplies and set up medical services.
Let alone deal with the logistics of gathering it and delivering it.

Shivering and starving. If they are then certainly less than there would have been.

Please quote your sources, otherwise this is just slander.

God help us all if this is the reaction to all the help and care and concern that have been given.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-4-20 19:53:57 |Display all floors

News Special!

Seneca has been rescued from his collapsed building just one day after the earthquake struck. He was a given a tent, blankets and food.

Here is our intrepid reporter.

Reporter: Well, you must be feeling very lucky right now!
Seneca: Not at all, it’s disgraceful!

R: What do you mean?
S: I was banging on that pipe for a whole day before they got me out. Obviously the criminal communist government don’t care. Only for themselves.  The rescuers were rude and ripped my jacket pulling me out. I demanded that they go back in and get my laptop and mobile phone, but they are too stupid and lazy and wouldn’t do it. Why there was even one man loafing around smoking a cigarette. Disgraceful!

R: But what about the tent and the food and the blankets?
S: Disgraceful. I cannot stand up in the tent and it has no heating. The food was bland and tasteless and even worse it was cold when they served it, and the bowl was dirty. The blankets are a joke they are not the fluffy ones that I like and I am sure that they are second-hand. Disgraceful and unacceptable. When will the Chinese ever get things right! The government has much to answer for.

R: Have they found your wife yet!
S: No she seems to have neglected her duty as well. Typical Chinese, bah!

R: Thank you.
S: You will make sure this is on National News and that that lame local news, won't you ?  After all, I have my image to consider!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-20 22:04:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-4-20 18:07

Yes, what exactly were you trying to 'say'? It's not clear, and the claims you made about the DL's 'politicising' of life were a chalice full of opaque holy water. Lucky me I don't have to drin ...

"He who casts the first stone..."

You have proven yourself to be an inciter of conflict and hatred.  We were peaceful for a couple of days until you started to insult, berate, and attack me again.  

Let it be known that you started it, just like the other times.  Wait for the sh*t storm to rain down on you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-21 10:08:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-4-20 18:07

Yes, what exactly were you trying to 'say'? It's not clear, and the claims you made about the DL's 'politicising' of life were a chalice full of opaque holy water. Lucky me I don't have to drin ...

Dalai Lama is a living saint for some Tibetans.

Even today some people would prostate on the floor, and kiss his feet.

He is a living saint and a semi-God.

So, of course, even if the conditions were bad, some people would accept it.

He is not only a king, but a religious king. So he combine 2 powerful things, from religion, and from governmental structure.

In that condition, we should not be surprised if some people "accept" his rule.

Lamaism itself, maybe should be separated with a "religion" or "religious teaching"

Lamaism is more of the clergy.

For instance, one can be a Christian, and follow Christianity, and believe in it, but the clergy can be good or bad. And despite the clergy being good or bad, people who are Christians would still remain Christians. Does this make sense?
And if we read in European history, some Popes were bad, and they even launched wars and led armies.
But many European Christians are still Christians.

To me the main problem in Tibet at that time, is the strong entrenchment of the lama class and the feudalism which is intertwined with the lamaism.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.