Author: souvenir

can china benefit from the world expo? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-5-5 14:41:55 |Display all floors

don't focus on money only

it is a great event for China, don't just see how much the government spent on the expo. i think it is a good chance to advertise our country. it will attract more and more investment finally. and it will draw up the country's public status, and all oversea chinese  can feel being proud and doing more to reward our country.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-5 14:45:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by marcozhu at 2010-5-5 14:41
it is a great event for China, don't just see how much the government spent on the expo. i think it is a good chance to advertise our country. it will attract more and more investment finally. and  ...

Good Post:)

Think U are a BIG Thinker of Progress
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-5 14:46:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by harp at 2010-5-5 11:18
"souvenir" made me sensitive to get a relation of the-idol-tv-play  <it's destiny,i love you>:):):):):):):):):)

it's an economy problem.it is no possibility to put the expenses o ...

the REST we say just have TUNNEL Vision!!!

ps : Tunnel means NARROW

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-9 10:37:45 |Display all floors
it's a big business

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-9 11:20:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by marcozhu at 2010-5-5 14:41
it is a great event for China, don't just see how much the government spent on the expo. i think it is a good chance to advertise our country. it will attract more and more investment finally. and  ...

this is a joke.  "world expos" are con games, made to drain money from the home cities or states, into the coffers of the "organizers".  a few people get rich from construction, meanwhile a huge pile of real estate gets a bunch of useless monuments and is left to rot, and nothing ever meets its revenue projections.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-11 11:46:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jinzhengri at 2010-5-9 11:20

this is a joke.  "world expos" are con games, made to drain money from the home cities or states, into the coffers of the "organizers".  a few people get rich from construct ...

why don't U apply to keep one of those buildings USEFUL???

I doubt people will say NO to U if u are creative enough!!!

Or are U a dimwits just bla bla bla like gweilos here???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-17 12:59:05 |Display all floors

Reply #38 caringhk's post

Colonel! You have to READ CAREFULLY at what the Shanghai media wrote about the event!

They said SHANGHAI spend US$50 billion plus!
and we know Shanghai metropolitan is around 15 million people now!
(don't know how many "floating population" - could add up to 20 million)

(Read a Hong Kong researcher report on China. 50% urban Chinese "hukou" registered in 2010, and up to 25% "floating migrant population - meaning = 25% Rural Chinese working in Farms, Plantations, Mines, Forest and Pastureland!)

Spending US$50 + billion include all the upgrade that past few years in Shanghai!
Only US$4.5 billion was spend on the EXPO proper!
To recover cost, only need to EXTRACT extra money in Tickets - 30 million visitors in 6 months x Rmb160 (US$ 23.5) = US$705 million, so, direct cost recovery not possible. However expect 6x that amount from FOOD, transportation, hotel lodgings! Might just recover cost indirectly for the city!

TOLD YOU, it's a BIG PARTY, so go enjoy the great party!

hmmmmm

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.