Author: souvenir

can china benefit from the world expo? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-5-4 15:53:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Kbay at 2010-5-1 19:27

No tears from me for these 'poor Chinese' George!

The last I read, they were made millionaires overnight. Thanks to the generous compensations from Uncle wen and Hu.

As for them BJ prote ...

is it because OLD is GOLD???
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-4 15:54:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by edisonone at 2010-5-4 11:07

third day on and the attendance have already subsided and god... we have another six more months of this to endure (won't be done until october 31st for the shanghainese). i can't imagine what  ...

why cry when project is launched???

U know it is not spilled milk

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-4 15:55:28 |Display all floors
from the Travelling, China already BENEFITTED:)

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2010-5-4 17:01:43 |Display all floors
China's ability to move alot of people with very little fuss, this is what will be taken away from the expo, the reliability of chinese transport technology and public transport that is the real export, this is one thing china does very well

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-4 23:41:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2010-5-3 23:54
why cry when project is launched???
U know it is not spilled milk
caringhk, every nation that's ever thrown a party in the natures of the beijing olympics [size=-2](beijing's lucky to had realized a small surplus here because chinese nationalism/attendance made the difference) and/or of shanghai expo 2010 had to pay through their noses literally for years thereafter if not for decades in order to balance their books and that's based on an exposition time frame of roughly one month.

of course the likes of sarkozy and other dignitaries from around the world who had a different face for us this time around as compared to that of the olympics because the shanghai expo offfer these countries to display and advertise their wares and good in the hope of landing huge chinese contracts, but that is where the buck ends because it is the chinese side who keeps and maintains the operations of the expo site for [a full six  months].  

Given the poor safety records in the events of natural disasters in china, i.e., that of the tangshan, and decades later in a laughably modern 21st century superpower status china, that the same is being repeated in sichuan and to a degree and population percentage wise also in qinghai, even I canceled preplanned trips to china because i sure as the heck don't want to be caught in the 22nd floor of some 5 star hotel room and later find that it's the first floor instead and if I had such concerns, consider then how many other oversea chinese who is longing for an experience of their very own homeland too would have similar concerns?

if the upper is the case, and if a deficit is the likelihood of how things might turn out, imagine the affects the deficit will have for each and every chinese citizen in china...

sorry, have to go can not double check what i wrote.

[ Last edited by edisonone at 2010-5-4 07:42 AM ]
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-5 11:02:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by edisonone at 2010-5-4 23:41
caringhk, every nation that's ever thrown a party in the natures of the beijing olympics [size=-2](beijing's lucky to had realized a small surplus here because chinese nationalism/attendance mad ...

WOW, U must be the lucky ones laughing at God's made natural disasters like Ages ago Tangshan.......

Those monuments will not be left like white Elephants!!!

i believe chinese are creative to make good uses of them!!!

As for the rails, air ports, surely SH will benefits from the uses

for local as well tourists alikes!!!

U expect Govs to DISH out free lunches???

Go to heavily in debt Greece to enjoy those now

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-5 11:18:07 |Display all floors
"souvenir" made me sensitive to get a relation of the-idol-tv-play  <it's destiny,i love you>:):):):):):):):):)

it's an economy problem.it is no possibility to put the expenses on cake bake to put it on flowers.if the money dont pay for EXPO,could it pay for the poor? i doubt!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.