Author: souvenir

can china benefit from the world expo? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-5-1 10:45:38 |Display all floors
I think the Beijing Olympics and Shanghai Expo are ENORMOUSLY beneficial to China and to Chinese people all over the world.

Firstly, they are gigantic advertisements to attract tourists and business people to China.

Secondly, they are statements that anything the West can do, China can do. In fact, China is pushing standards UP! Chinese products inferior? Just you wait and see.

Thirdly, they open up the eyes of the Chinese people to new technologies and new possibilities without them having to go overseas. It is education for the masses.

Fourthly, the West has been complaining that China saves too much. So now China spends.

Lastly, they are demonstrations that China is no longer the sick man of Asia. The bigots can shove their superiority complex where the sun don't shine.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-1 11:25:01 |Display all floors
more than economic revenue,let more peple from other lands know about china well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-1 17:04:47 |Display all floors
No comment on the poor Chinese thrown out of their homes or the collusion between the party and property developers ?

What about the march on Beijing by 1000 protesters ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-1 22:44:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by souvenir at 2010-3-29 00:37
according to reuters, Shanghai's government has spent $45 billion to upgrade transport and infrastructure and $700 million on renovating the historic Bund riverfront promenade. In just a year, the  ...

the chinese leadership's directive in the charting of a course of national defense, in science and technology, and in space exploration, is definitely second to none and something all chinese can take deep pride...

but, in areas such as the unnecessary "WANT" of attention from the global community, i.e., this http://wire.antiwar.com/2010/04/ ... -ties-with-china-2/   and this http://jiangshuai.com/%E5%BE%90% ... C%E6%8C%A4%E7%AC%91 , on the expenses of greater needs as this http://news.xinhuanet.com/englis ... 5/01/c_13274879.htm then, the chinese leadership, "or the chinese animal as a whole", is something else Man... here, we are blind, def, and mute to the dire needs of millions, and that just don't rym well for me.  

but between social needs and national defense and if one is the cost and the other is the reward, then i rest my case because national defense id first priority that overides all else my book.

i mean why beg or buy attention when it unnecessary to do so and when attentions given are more truer and more authentic if it comes naturally and direct from the heart rather than from what's a banker's signature?
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-3 22:39:12 |Display all floors

upstage the olympics

what's obvious is the attempt at branding the made in China name. Of course these spectacular events are advertising to the entire world that China can make great stuff. what is less obvious is the attempt to replace the olympics with a less western focused world event.

It's all about the symbol.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-4 10:38:08 |Display all floors
Every coin has two side.Many country improve the economy transaction through Olympics.But the expo seems be too luxurious, i think it is a waste

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-4 11:07:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by teamosnow at 2010-5-3 18:38
Every coin has two side.Many country improve the economy transaction through Olympics.But the expo seems be too luxurious, i think it is a waste

third day on and the attendance have already subsided and god... we have another six more months of this to endure (won't be done until october 31st for the shanghainese). i can't imagine what this might do to a city already impregnated by an influx of foreign migrants because of international trade... god... how many more lou jings or jing lou's before we realize we too have a civil rights problem in our hands exactly as how america is has and now must live with???

[ Last edited by edisonone at 2010-5-3 07:08 PM ]
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.