Views: 7551|Replies: 3

正确理解的途径 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-3-28 12:05:24 |Display all floors
近日翻阅英文小说,遇见一句话,She'll sue our ass off. 不敢保证自己的理解正确,便进行网上查询。关于ass off 这一短语,所给出的译文五花八门:work ass off 工作关屁股;dance your ass off 舞蹈您驴关闭;training  your ass off  训练中你屁股关闭;这些均属电脑翻译,没有人的思维,不根据上下文判断,有情可原,可是人的翻译怎能还出错呢:freeze my ass off here 冻结我的屁股在这里 / 冷冻我的驴子在这里(2009 3 17 有两位回答一人的提问),真是误导人。奉劝年轻人要“三思而后答”,以免自己误解又贻误他人。
  那么,究竟应如何理解 ass off  呢?这需要由抽象思维转换为形象思维,再由形象思维向抽象思维转换,亦即,依据 ass off t推想出所反映的形象,再求索可描述此形象的词语。首先要断定,这里的 ass 用来指“屁股”,还是“驴”,鉴于“驴”的引申义为“愚蠢者”,此义在此前后不搭配,只好选“屁股”了。根据 off 的基本意思是“离开”,考虑到“屁股”不能脱离开身体,那么只能说“离开身体的中线”,那便是“趋前” (核对英语词典,off 的同义词为away  和 forth)。至于,ass off  所表述的形象,可推测为“屁股趋前”——“撅屁股”。于是,work one's ass 可译为“撅屁股干活”——努力工作;She'll sue our ass off. 她将要告得我们折服。(撅屁股>躬身>折服};dance your ass off  所指的是一种旨在减肥的舞蹈,可译为,“销臀舞”或者“折步”舞(扭屁股舞);freezer  my ass off  here,没有上下文依据,可视为夸张说法,不妨译为“这里能把我的屁股冻掉”。
  以上当否,仅供参考并望指正。

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-3-28 15:04:21 |Display all floors
sue your ass off  

Is used when one threatens to get money out of someone by suing them badly.
"Keep your hands off my manuscript or I will sue your ass off for copyright infringement."

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-3-28 15:51:48 |Display all floors
with great effort, to work very hard, to do a lot or do way too much, (idiomatic) To work excessively  or to the point of exhaustion.

I'm working my ass off right now on my chemistry homework.

I have been working my ass off!

"Dance Your Ass Off" (2009) tv series

the girl ever seen one die from the cold, but she had seen two "whose tails had frozen off." "frezzing my ass off""freezing cold"

. then the oxen pulling the plow worked their asses off while the race horses were running their asses off in the paddock next door... ;-)
"

laughing my ass off
I am laughing a lot
(Internet slang) Laughing my ass (arse) off; used to indicate great amusement, usually exaggerated, at something (usually from an online source eg discussion group, or instant message).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-28 22:19:15 |Display all floors
她会告我们,要我们好看。

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.