Views: 45518|Replies: 155

American websites that translate what Chinese people saying on the internet [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-3-26 05:02:35 |Display all floors
There seems to be a growing trend of English websites like Chinasmack and Chinadivide that cater to China bashing.  They basically translate what Chinese netizens are talking about into english so that Americans and others can know what's going on and scrutinize and comment about China.  Why the obsession with what Chinese people are thinking and saying?

Perhaps ChinaDaily can do a story about this new trend so that Chinese people know that their opinions are being posted on American websites for Americans to ridicule.  Maybe Chinese people can make a website about what American people are saying on the internet and translate them into Chinese....

chinasmack.com

chinadivide.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-26 05:15:17 |Display all floors
Uuum, do they translate correctly what Chinese netizens are saying?

I think just another tenticle in the China bashing Washington octopussy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-26 05:15:31 |Display all floors

but you dont mean...

do you mean i have to talk even louder so that they make no mistake 'bout it...good then i do just that

BTW...we all can do that at chinadaily USA which located at my hometurf  ;P

[ Last edited by pjtran at 2010-3-25 04:17 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-26 05:20:37 |Display all floors

China's crime?

Dare hint at challenge to Uncle Sam's World supremacy.

The Chinese 'Renaissance' must be strangled before it takes root, is the West's number one angenda today.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-26 05:25:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pjtran at 2010-3-26 05:15
do you mean i have to talk even louder so that they make no mistake 'bout it...good then i do just that

BTW...we all can do that at chinadaily USA which located at my hometurf  ;P

What ever you do PJ, don't speak in the lslamic twang!
Because the translation will set off the fire alarm in ssshh, you know where.    

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-26 05:31:45 |Display all floors
I think it's disgusting to post and translate Chinese netizens opinions on American websites without their permission or knowledge so that Americans can bash China.

Chinese websites should do the same and translate what Americans are saying online about Chinese people so that Chinese people can know what americans are thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-26 06:14:43 |Display all floors

Hm...

... if hazy memory serves - Fauna's site, CHINAsmack, is out of Shanghai.  As for the issue of people's words being available for the world to see... isn't that the point of a public bulletin board on the Internet?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.