Views: 4779|Replies: 9

happy saint patrick's day... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-3-18 02:20:45 |Display all floors
first of all like the title said, happy st pat but we migth have some folks considerin this particular day extremely gross to the stomach, coz the stereotype of the irish bein outside allday & drinkin (it makes me also think of cinco de mayo as well)  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-18 03:12:32 |Display all floors
They've all been at Cheltenham racecourse today and all drunk.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2010-3-18 03:40:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pjtran at 2010-3-18 02:20
first of all like the title said, happy st pat but we migth have some folks considerin this particular day extremely gross to the stomach, coz the stereotype of the irish bein outside allday &  ...

Englishman Irishman and a Scotsman in the pub

The Englishman said " Hey my sons name is George and he was born on St Georges day"

The Scotsman said "Wow that's a coincidence my sons name is Andrew and he was born on St Andrews day"

The Irishman said " Well well well that is a coincidence, you should meet my son Pancake"

Chao Ren

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-18 04:15:33 |Display all floors

didnt kno that myself...

Saint Patrick was born in Roman Britain in the fifth century ad. He was captured at sixteen years old and carried off to Slavery in Ireland. Saint Patrick lived in Ireland for the next six years until one day while he was herding sheep he heard a voice in a dream telling him to go to the sea and get on a ship. After a journey of perhaps two hundred miles, Saint Patrick found the ship and returned to England.

Saint Patrick had been raised as a Christian, but according to his own writings was an indifferent Christian. This changed later. In another night time vision Saint Patrick was visited by a man who handed him letters containing 'the voice of the Irish people'. The letters asked Saint Patrick to return to Ireland and walk among them.

After overcoming difficulties, Saint Patrick, who was now a Bishop, returned to Ireland and preached the gospel, bringing Christianity to Ireland. The record is a little confused but it appears that Saint Patrick had the blessing of Pope Celestine for his mission to Ireland. This was probably given in the year 431 although some sources put Saint Patrick's arrival in 432. Together with other missionaries, Saint Patrick labored for many years. As well as bringing Christianity to Ireland, Saint Patrick brought literacy to Ireland, and Saint Patrick's own writings are among the earliest Irish literature.

Tradition suggests that Saint Patrick established the primatial see of Armagh. However, these things happened a long time ago, and it is not even clear if all the things attributed to Saint Patrick were done by the same person.

Saint Patrick has been honored by the Irish people for well over a thousand years, and Patrick is a common Irish name.

There is a legend that Saint Patrick banished all the snakes of Ireland. Some people object that there is no evidence that this is true. However, it is a fact that there are no wild snakes in Ireland although there are several types in England, including one poisonous one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-18 04:18:44 |Display all floors

and i will be...

bloody drunk tonite...and ev'rybody knows what the outcome is gonnabe for t'row (dont say i didnt warn you)  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-18 04:23:58 |Display all floors

coincidence or WHAT...

word of the day...POTABLE...\POH-tuh-buhl\ , adjective;...Fit to drink; suitable for drinking; drinkable  

http://dictionary.reference.com/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-18 12:43:56 |Display all floors

happy saint patrick's day...in China?????? and in this forum???

Originally posted by pjtran at 2010-3-18 02:20

happy saint patrick's day...

first of all like the title said, happy st pat but we migth have some folks considerin this particular day extremely gross to the stomach, coz the stereotype of the irish bein outside allday &  ...

do you want to be killed by Buddy?, Caring?, Longzhou?, Chairman? Kbay? and all the big family?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.