Author: dengqqll

Make friends with foreigner [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-22 14:21:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 1584austin at 2010-4-22 04:23

Why not be my "Chao nv hai" ?

I am sure:)

Chao Ren VLP:)

Don't you know how to talk to people without calling them weird names?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-21 19:42:10 |Display all floors
If you want to practice your English you should get a tutor or a language exchange partner. If you want a friend do not use he/her as your free teacher.

Other tips: read English magazines, books, blogs etc. Watch English movies and listen to English music. Don't be too shy when you have the opportunity to speak English. If you have no one to talk to, talk to your self. Just keep talking. Too many Chinese students can write, but not speak.

p.s. English is not my native language so I don't want to teach it :)
Living a dream in China - www.sarajaaksola.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-21 22:35:41 |Display all floors
I agree with amylhz and yaxuefang .

Making friends may seem one option most longing for but it may not be pratical.

Have anyone give a thought how an infant/kid learn their mother's tongue .Well, they learned from listening, pratising and perfecting it.

Why not spend some time watching and listening to movies/ film whether it is a cartoon or a comedy.

Monitoring your listening skill by watching different type of movie, once you could understand better,
try to watch something more serious.

Patience is all you need .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-22 02:26:10 |Display all floors
What's wrong with having a foreign friend ? He doesn't need to correct you all the time, the simple fact that you're trying to express yourself helps a lot with your English. So good luck you 2, maybe you want to join a local forum in the city you live ? I find most of the people here rather strange and unhelpful.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-22 10:27:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 1584austin at 2010-3-21 16:38

Ni hao Chao nv
Have English Speaking bf. or work with one
You will learn to spoken English correctly, faster
I have talked to hundred of salesgirls all are very worried about their spoken En ...

Haha don't listen to Austin.  having an english speaking boyfriend is not a good idea unless they are ABC.  They will just use you and then abuse you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-23 15:46:56 |Display all floors
If you have an English speaking boyfriend to learn English it's YOU that is using him actually.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-23 17:28:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-6-22 10:27

Haha don't listen to Austin.  having an english speaking boyfriend is not a good idea unless they are ABC.  They will just use you and then abuse you.

weta must have lots of experience...that`s why she`s so bitter^^
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.