Author: wetac0s

Why do westerners get treated so well in China? [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2010-3-8 15:47:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by learner1 at 2010-3-8 15:41
I really don;t like such thread.

Agree
But the thread started in such an attacking manner>
I am from the UK> I have a office in SZ so travel to China often. I also have experience both East and West.
Put and end to the Hatred threads and there writers such as Kbay an WetaC0s

Chao Ren

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-8 15:49:09 |Display all floors

Reply #12 learner1's post

Please learn about the history of Asian Americans.  Chinese men were brought to america to build railroads (they were basically slaves).  There were laws against Chinese marrying whites.  There was a law to exclude ALL chinese people from coming to America.  Even now, crimes against Chinese are not considered "Hate crimes".

White people look down on Chinese simply because we look different.  They think because they are white, have blond hair, blue eyes, etc...they are better.  They look down on blacks, asians, and hispanics in the west.  

The westerners who go to china use it as their playground.  They get drunk, party, sleep with chinese women, but they don't respect Chinese - in fact, many of them HATE chinese.  The west thinks China is their #1 enemy right now because China is growing so fast.  

Many westerners are trying to learn mandarin so they can "learn the enemy".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-8 15:51:42 |Display all floors

Reply #14 learner1's post

Healthcare is not free in America, neither is education.  Affirmative Action only lets universities let a small amount of Asians into their schools.  Even if a Chinese person is much smarter than a White person, they will accept the White person.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-8 15:57:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-3-8 15:38
That's not the whole story.  It is harder for Chinese to get into good schools or jobs because of affirmative action.  The media and Hollywood keeps demonizing Chinese people.  White women hate chi ...
There is so much wrong with the west.  Trust me, I have experience with both east and west

if you grab their job which belong to them you can't stiop thier hatred. not only white woman but black woman. they may be more often. mre terrible.
I certainly believe some of your words are true, but totally unbelievable.
a few chinese can't represent the whole chinese. I don't which movies dipict such thing, but some movies are also praise of chinese for our charafcters, moral and industrious and hard work spirite.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-8 16:06:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-3-8 15:49
Please learn about the history of Asian Americans.  Chinese men were brought to america to build railroads (they were basically slaves).  There were laws against Chinese marrying whites.  There was ...

I know this history, lots of chihnese labours were decieved to build the famous big midwest railway. we can't forget. as wellas they invaded beijing and grabed much treasures etc.
but they can also argue they fighted with chinese to anti japanese war.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-8 16:14:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2010-3-8 15:51
Healthcare is not free in America, neither is education.  Affirmative Action only lets universities let a small amount of Asians into their schools.  Even if a Chinese person is much smarter than a ...

hehe, I'm a suburban, never been abroad. I can't argue with you at this problem.
but one point I'm vague, why so many chinese students go to usa for their education, most of them attend into very famous universityh like harvard, calfornia unv, mat, etc......?
I was read on tv, some usa school are fulled with more than half asian? T/F?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-8 16:24:30 |Display all floors
Even if a Chinese person is much smarter than a White person, they will accept the White person.

I certainly agree with you at this point. any one will do it. if you would have a company and a countryman look for a job, even if he is excellect more than your relation, but he can't compete with the ralation.
if you meet such thing in usa, fire them, and back our homeland to contribut your talent.
looking at gov work report, china welcome overseas chinese elites back and do more for china.
it's pity we likes a suburban have no more skills and can't contribut much, in spite of do utmost. :)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.