Author: expatter

Freedom of Speech is an Oxymoron. [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-2-21 17:48:01 |Display all floors

seneca

‘Well, trash posters for sticking their necks out.’

For me there is a big difference in discussing ‘A’ story, or using it to trash the whole of China.

If sticking the neck out involves the latter then I say some trimming is due, to try and actually get perspective on what the topic focus should be.

Example: A Chinese border guard shoots a person illegally crossing the border. In this forum that becomes an example of the rot in China. The government is evil and basically this is the whole story of China. If you like an absolute.

English police shoot an innocent Brazilian man eight times on a London bus. Of course he dies. Newspapers talk of a tragic accident. After 8 years no one is found guilty and the family is given money. End of story. There is no question of government guilt or involvement it was just an accident.

In the first example, many posters don’t want to know what happened, only that it happened. They couldn’t care less if one border guard acted stupidly and against orders, if he did. Only that the highest in the land must fall and the whole system should change tomorrow.

The first example will have a life of one week at least in the west and be several pages with massive descriptions, supposition and government background where the word communist and propaganda are used superfluously. For a story concerning the death of a whole family of 25 in Afghanistan a one inch column and it slips from the media.

Newspapers are the working tools of government and commercial interests and are an anathema to logical reasoning and the interests of any groups outside of the socio-affective community they service.

The Daily Mirror and Star promulgate the labour party and the Daily Mail the conservatives. Each paper takes a stance to serve a certain group of the community and its views. The CD would obviously take a nationalistic stand for China and would be expected to do so. It is no worse than the UK gutter press making money for two weeks out of the execution of Mr. Shaikh, whilst conveniently avoiding the boring story of the UK couple held hostage by Somali pirates.

Most western posters come to this forum to trash everything about China, which is is shame because there are some very good things happening in a gradual process. They speak in absolutes about the government, the political system and China's past, they have not really looked at their own system and whether they are being duped by governments who are supposed to be representing them.  I mean, WMD, Afghanistan, Iran, a starving Africa with supplied weapons, the UK Scott Report and many other things which are dismissed. The UK government have ratified the EU deal even though the public are not in support of it, Ireland had to vote 3 times to get a 'yes', it just needed more media and manipulation to change the people's minds. Are politics really in the hands of the masses or is it just a magic show?

The saddest part is that people swallow the delivered media’s every morsel without any question and then make it their mantra.

For legs good,
Two legs bad!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-21 19:22:17 |Display all floors
Expatter

I accuse you to intentionally bend things to your liking.
Nobody ever said freedom of speech is absolute - only you who says this.
But as I said once before, the heavy handed censorship in China cannot be denied.
And we all understand, that those who advocate this kind of system (like you)
aim hard to play it down and try even harder to find the needle in the hay in the West
to produce it here as an "evidence" that there is no difference between Chian and the West.

Sorry the more hard you try the more you lose credibility.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-21 20:11:08 |Display all floors

Freedom of Speech

The West has the most powerful and well funded Thought Police and the most sophisticated mind
control mechanisms in the world.Freedom of Speech is only of academic interest when freedom to think
is tightly controlled by the state which in turn is controlled by the Anglo Zionist led New World Order.
Anywhere on Earth you go you find revolting trash like the movie Bruno being screened.The Telescreens
spew the same warmongering messages of hate wherever you go.Small coteries of shock jocks are
given control of the airwaves.Publishing firms incinerate books that discuss the holocaust or the murder
of Robert Kennedy.Hordes of shills infest every internet forum.Dissent is banned on most Western forums.
Cradle to grave mind control is frightening to contemplate but is reality.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-21 20:11:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2010-2-21 19:48
Example: A Chinese border guard shoots a person illegally crossing the border. In this forum that becomes an example of the rot in China. The government is evil and basically this is the whole story of China. If you like an absolute.

English police shoot an innocent Brazilian man eight times on a London bus. Of course he dies. Newspapers talk of a tragic accident. After 8 years no one is found guilty and the family is given money. End of story. There is no question of government guilt or involvement it was just an accident.

In the first example, many posters don’t want to know what happened, only that it happened. They couldn’t care less if one border guard acted stupidly and against orders, if he did. Only that the highest in the land must fall and the whole system should change tomorrow. ...

The difference is, expatter, that the police involved cocked up big time. It was a mistake at a time of heightened terrorist awareness.
It was discussed endlessly, protesters demonstrated, every utterance of the Brazilian chap's family was reported, and the lack of blame being apportioned to an individual was bemoaned in the media.

In the other situation it was not mistaken identity. It was a bunch of young kids from a group not particularly noted for terror attacks, trying to gain refuge in a neighbouring country.
Some time back, when I tried to mention the documentary on the event here, there was some suppression of discussion, quite unlike the British and their media where they flat out admitted that they did the wrong thing and an innocent person was killed.
Where's the Chinese report that the 19 year old nun was murdered for no reason ?
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-21 20:13:11 |Display all floors

9/11 truth

I was shocked to discover that a majority of the 9/11 truth documentaries have been censored by the
Zionist controlled You Tube.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-2-21 21:06:22 |Display all floors

unhealthysms

Well you implied freedom of speech was absolute more than once, until we had a little debate and you now rationalize that it is not absolute, and have added this to your reply.  Well done.

Censorship in China cannot be denied, it is in fact on the statutes of the law of the country, it is not a secret. If you break the law you will go to jail. In Germany denying the holocaust will get you jail, in Britain racial comments or publishing will get you jail.

So far we are even, except, your argument is that in talking about the holocaust or making racist pamphlets it is immoral, and that making your own political commentary in China is not.

In your previous comments you stated that freedom of speech did not cover, ‘anything which could cause disunity or violence’.

I make the statement that promoting politics in opposition to Chinese Government law is just this, aggravating a source of disunity and violence. You have tried to espouse the history of every incident in China long enough now, and you should already be aware any possible outcome. After all you see China as the great evil and should be able to anticipate the terrible consequences of mass rallies to topple the government. Why do you wish to see civil insurrection and violence in a mostly peaceful society. I maintain that China has the right to use the rules of statute to govern the country, and the people should continue to witness the rise of China in relative peace. When the time is right maybe the situation will change, but if it is not broken, don't try to fix it. And have some patience rather than looking to see China in civil anarchy.  

It was you dumb b@sturds who thought getting rid of Saddam was good for the Iraqi public !!!!!!!!!!

Therefore, I am in agreement with the Chinese Government, and you are not.

Sorry old chum, China is nothing like the West, thankfully.

And I cannot see myself ever arguing that it is.

As to you believing that I need credibility from you, in fact, quite the opposite.

If I ever start to agree with you I will reread very carefully what I wrote.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-21 21:13:35 |Display all floors
Petera

I was "shocked" that the non-Zionist controlled China blocked youtube completely.- not just 9/11.

In the whole of China the 9/11 conspiracy seems to be a non-existent issue - it is only allowed to flourish in the West it seems.

Did you ever make a complaint to xinhua and China Daily that they so far ignore your "hot story" ?

[ Last edited by unhealthysms at 2010-2-21 09:18 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.