Author: joeching

MELTDOWN BY WAY OF DEMOCRACY [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-2-20 20:54:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by matthew5_3 at 2010-2-19 03:20 AM

Democracies are fickled-minded regimes

listen to what ku hung-ming had said about the mob in deMobCrazy 100 years ago:

"the monstrous modern machine, which has brought on this terrible war, is because the plain men and women in every country, WHEN IN A CROWD, are always selfish and cowardly."
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-20 21:06:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by nebula1 at 2010-2-19 07:49 PM

I can't decide if you're bloody stupid or plain evil.

1) The US and Israel have plenty of WMDs. What shall we do to be safe than sorry? Pre-emptive strike?

2) Slaughter a million Iraqis s ...

the guy's problem is he flunked the course on: barbarism - 101

he simply cant get out the cesspool of the mob, militarism and xtian god.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-20 21:09:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fredius at 2010-2-19 10:05 PM

You really don't have to get angry about Joeching's posts.
The man keep repeating the same bull----s since several years. Nothing can make him change his mind or even make him debate properly.

i m only quoting what mike chinoy of cnn reported about north korea.

but i ll continue try to pull u guys out of the cesspool, especially when i start to quote ku hung-ming, the first "west expert" from china.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-20 21:14:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2010-2-20 12:20 AM
Democracies are fickle minded regimes....

WE know better than you.  We being a small-minded clique of authoritarians.

What a patronising load of
fckin drivel.

another flunker from barbarism 101.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-20 21:17:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradevic at 2010-2-20 12:25 AM
I may stick knives in the back of my friends, i may be arrogant and a pig, but that does not mean I am right. So do not trust me or anyone who looks like me.

still on ur cloak-and-dagger kick, matt.  using real name might make u more trusting of this world.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-21 10:41:05 |Display all floors

Chapters 3 -- REGIME CHANG

Chapters 3 -- REGIME CHANG

* The North Koreans indicated that they were not too worried... After all, there was the communique signed by Clinton...in the Agreed Framework...pledging "no hostile intent."

* President Bush just woke up one morning and decided he hate North Korea.  From this point on, Bush did little to disguise his visceral "loathing" for Kim Jong Il... Bush now "started talking to world leaders in scatological terms about him.  He's an asshole, I hate him, he's a son of a @@@  -- to different foreign leaders.  That kind of stuff.  Without ever meeting him."

* (Former President) Kim (of South Korea) recalled: "At that joint press conference. Mr. Bush started to criticize Chairman Kim Jong Il of North Korea, describing him as a dictator.  So what Mr. Bush did at the time was to reverse the statement between two different governments already agreed earlier in the morning," a reference to the meeting of minds he had at the breakfast with Powell before going to the White House.

* More than any other event, the (South Korean) Kim-Bush summit was the crucial turning point, locking the Bush administration and one of Washington's key allies into a pattern of distrust, tension, and hostility that would endure for years.  North Korea, as (President) Kim Dae-jung had feared, had become the "poster child" for (Bush's) missile defense.  An untidy and not easily verifiable agreement to curb Pyongyang's missile program was much less useful to the administration than a threat from a bizarre and odious regime that could be repeatedly invoked to build political support for an antimissile system.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-22 17:49:28 |Display all floors

Chapter 4 -- "AXIS OF EVIL"

Chapter 4 -- "AXIS OF EVIL"

* Frum's initial draft of the (State of Union, "Axis of Evil") speech did not include the reference to North Korea.  According to an account by Gerson, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice instructed him to add Iran and North Korea "in order to avoid forcusing solely on Iraq."

* In fact, with so much of the adminstration's attention on Iraq, it appears that North Korea was added almost as a casual afterthought to make the president appear less anti-Islamic... and because Axis of Evil was such a catchy phrase, no one in the administration had raised questions about how it would play in the press, or what in fact it meant.

* Predictably, North Korea reacted with anger.  A commentary in the state-run Korean Central News Agency denounced the speech as "little short of declaring a war" on the North... the United States that have pushed the situation to the brink of war after throwing away even the mask of dialogue and negotiation.

* So, (Senator) Biden asked sarcastically, is this a doctrine of preemptive breach of the contract?  You expect they're going to violate it and therefore we're going to stop everything now?

* ... but the North Korean diplomat was full of questions.  "Why is George Bush so different from his father?  Why does George Bush hate Bill Clinton so much?  Why does Geoge Bush use such rherotic in describing us?  Why are you so suspicious of everything we do?  Why do you threaten us?

* When asked about North Korea's leader, Bush declared, "I loathe Kim Jong Il.  I've got a visceral reaction to this guy because he's starving his people... They tell me, we don't need to move too fast [against Kim] because the financial burden on his people will be so immense if we try to ___ if this guy were to topple.  Who would take care ___ I don't buy that.  Either you believe in freedom... and worry about the human condition, or you don't."

* For George Bush, North Korea was not just a foreign policy problem.  It was personal.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.