Views: 1842|Replies: 0

can we help poor children? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-2-9 15:55:08 |Display all floors
Two days ago I read a story about a Beijing rickshaw driver who chains his two-year old son to a lamp post near Huaguan Shopping Mall in Liangxiang. The reason was that the boy's mother spends her days working at a garbage dump and his father cannot look after the boy while he is working either. The father said that his four-year-old daughter was abducted some months ago, and he doesn't want to lose his boy, too. The family is too poor to pay for childcare.

http://www.whatsonxiamen.com/news10121.html
This story took the hearts of my family, and as I think that there are probably many more families like this one, is there any way to improve those people's lives? Sure you cannot help everyone at the same time, but I feel that those of us who are better off may be able to lend a helping hand. A responsible society should make childcare affordable for those in need.

What do you think?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.