Views: 5297|Replies: 2

Two words different meaning [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-2-4 16:18:56 |Display all floors
Hello All,
Who can tell me what;s the different meaning between " final/finally & ultimate/ultimately". In the recently, I saw this new strange-(ultimate )word twice in some articles, but i don;t clear what's the  best way to use this word correctly? come on, show your intelligent idea to me...
Don't trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-5 03:59:59 |Display all floors
都是“最终”的意思。有时可通用。Finally用作时间较多,ultimately常用作程序或权力机构(Finally, a decision has been made; Ultimately,the president makes the decision) Final 和 ultimate 虽也有类似区别,但我的感觉用法接近的多。除了final day 不能用ultimate day 外,其它用法好像都可替换:final/ultimate decision, final/ultimate power, final/ultimate outcome.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-5 12:31:49 |Display all floors

to lateblue

Thanks your explanation and comments. I  have a rough understanding for this two words, Yes, you are right,   
ultimately is used for procedure or technical field, such as, ultimate stress experiment, ultimate procedure. perhaps, thare are little diferent meaning between these two word.
Don't trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.