Author: mechanic

FORMER SUPERPOWER! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-30 09:28:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wiseoldlady at 2010-1-30 03:26
does it make you happy to see a sick old man begging?

The US is closer to obese spoilt brat than sick old man.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-30 12:45:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mechanic at 2010-1-30 02:05
Former Superpower:

Oh, former? How many other nations has the capacity of the US? Be careful, the US isn't down quite so badly and I doubt China will EVER have the US capabilites! Mere fact, ming bai?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-30 12:55:47 |Display all floors

Yes, quite...

Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2010-1-30 12:45

Oh, former? How many other nations has the capacity of the US? Be careful, the US isn't down quite so badly and I doubt China will EVER have the US capabilites! Mere fact, ming bai?

... China will never have the stupidity to waste its resources on useless wars. Only the U.S. can do that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-30 13:06:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mechanic at 2010-1-29 10:05 AM
Former Superpower:

the problem is that the money america borrowed from china are used to build weapons to attack china, so it wont need to return.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-30 14:25:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by baofeng at 2010-1-30 12:55

... China will never have the stupidity to waste its resources on useless wars. Only the U.S. can do that.

No, I meant the capabilities that the US does to project itself out on the world, in most ways.
I somehow think, that somewhere down the track, you may be forced to eat your words WRT to China not wasting money on wars though, but I hope it's not in any of our lifetimes.
I DO think that as soon as China feels that she has no serious opposition (US and allies), and is militarily strong enough, she may make a "grab" at something somewhere, not including T,wan. Just a gut feeling I have, nothing more bao.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-30 14:26:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joeching at 2010-1-30 13:06

the problem is that the money america borrowed from china are used to build weapons to attack china, so it wont need to return.

The problem is, conversely, that the money China makes from exporting, domestic taxes and interest from those loans are being turned into weapons to be used against the US as well, amongst other things. It's a vicious circle.
Yep built China, but without those countries accused of building weapons to attack China, would China be where she is today? I highly doubt it.

[ Last edited by exportedkiwi at 2010-1-30 02:28 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-30 15:39:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2010-1-29 10:25 PM

No, I meant the capabilities that the US does to project itself out on the world, in most ways.
I somehow think, that somewhere down the track, you may be forced to eat your words WRT to China ...

no china and asia will do the following:

CLOSE & SALVAGE

关闭复原 而不是 改革开放

Today China's prosperity is not due to her "reform and open" policy, but rather because Mao got the Western barbarians off China's back.  You see, it was the barbarians who caused Asia to lose her prosperity in the first place.  America was the first one to force China to the "Open Door Policy".

Why, before the barbarian made the scene, Asia was doing much better than today.  And that's when China never even hear about anything like the "reform and open" policy.  Further more, China's tremendous wealth at the time was achieved when economy itself was place at the lowest priority.

Someone researched and estimated that, through commerce, 228,000 tons of silver had been delivered to China upto the year 1840.  The total value of the silver in todays terms comes to US$400 Trillions.

Asia's past prosperity was sustained by culture, while prosperity was not really pursued.  Prosperity just happened to be a "necessary evil", considered by many in those days. Asia traditionally only focused on social benevolence and cultural harmony.  Asia, in fact, had long proven that the character and pride in the people are a much more powerful sustaining force than the greed, aggression, vanity and consumption that barbarism advocates.

Wisely, Asia has been breeding better people, rather than chasing after material well being.   And the good people have lowered their level of greed, aggression, vanity and consumption to produce the greatest civilization the world has even known.

Economic prosperity by way of barbarism is short lived.  Even the current implementation of the economic union in Europe is nothing but an anti-trust-evasive maneuver in Inter-nation corruption.

On the other hand, cultural unification, which has been practiced throughout Asian history, will promote economic inclusiveness.  Only when a country learns to live with its neighbors as closely knitted members of a large family, will it treat the rest of the world as friends and collaborators.

Now, North Korea has preserve most Asian culture of putting human, rather than material, first.  North Korea, therefore, is the ideal leader for Asia to leave "reform and open" and adopt a "close and salvage" operation.  Asia must close out barbarism and salvage our harmonious and benevolent society.  She could simply add a merchant class at the end to her present social hierarchy of scholars, farmers and laborers.

The social hierarchy actually had a beneficial effect on the otherwise unprincipled merchants.  It's when the scholar's code of conduct rubs on the money grabbing merchants, that's when business dealings become win-win propositions based on honesty and trust among the participants.

My own Seventeenth Branch of the Zheng Family of Ningpo has intimately impacted by this arrangement.  We, thus, became among the most successful merchants since the Song Dynasty, particularly in the banking business.  But our family have traditionally been putting so much emphasis on educating the its young in the Asian culture that some of our family members attained highest ranks in scholarship among all the merchants.  We actually bailed out the government after the Opium War.  Then when all Beijing banks were looted by the 8-Nation Coalition of barbarians and Christians, the Qing Monarch had so much trust in us enough that they bailed us out back to keep the financial system in the country afloat.  It's all based on mutual trust.

Cultural unification, based on lessons learned from Mongolia's and Manchuria's efforts to unify China, needs the ethnic minority to rule at the start.  This is the only effective mean to erase the minority's stigma of being marginalized, as is now happening in China with the Tibetans and Xingjianese, and even the Korean Chinese.  Practicing this form of affirmative action in terms of making North Korea the initial leader of the unified Asia is a much workable approach than those of the appeasement, preferance treatment and putting down uprisings that China is doing with her ethnic minorities.

So, Japan must lead next.  Japan could serve as a stepping stone toward a new future where the environment will be protected, and technology will serve, rather than oppress, the people.

Putting history in its non-propagandized perspective, it was Japan and Mao's one-two punch that stopped the Western barbarians' dream of making Asia a permanent colony.  But it would take the last stroke of Asian unification to lead the entire world away from barbarism.

Yes, as some born-again Asian pointed out, Asia should just go back to the "green culture" of tea and silk.  But let me add: Asia must also have enough reserved terrorists, in case the barbarians act up again.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.