Author: sansukong

US says it will stay in Haiti for long term [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-31 17:10:14 |Display all floors

Reply #9 Kbay's post

In 5 years, I will hope to have moved on from this forum and perhaps even China, we'll see.
I doubt though, that your opinion will come to fruition. The US can't really afford to operate any more bases, even one so close.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-31 17:12:58 |Display all floors
Only this time around, no one believes what the U.S. say or do. The boy cried "wolf" once too often. Its an old act repeated over and over.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-31 17:38:27 |Display all floors
Hmmmm ...

Who wants Haiti so bad, and why? The place is a wealth of natural resources, of course!

Hahaha!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-1 02:09:26 |Display all floors
Mister Kiwi,

Your mind must have been "Haarped."  When you want to help a country after a disaster of such a magnitude, you don't invade it with 20 000 soldiers, and you don't blockade its entire coastline.  What you do is to let the civilian agencies and the United Nations handle the situation by providing blue helmets (they already have on the ground: Haiti is under trusteeship from the UN, remember that) and by coordinating the rescue and the delivery of supply. What your United States have done is to seize the main international airport and to use it as their Head Quarter as if they were at war.

They turned away and diverted all traffic, that is not of their own interests, to the Dominican republic, while the Haitians are still fighting for survival with near starvation, thirst and outbreak of diseases. In fact, it is not unrealistic to say that this invasion is provoking a genocide in the making. Furthermore, we Haitians still believe that that earthquake has been artificailly provoked.  The reason for that belief  is that the United States wanted us to have our mind in our belly and our country's destruction in our head, in order to not able to react to their invasion. They are slowly starving our people in order to have them accepted their invasion and occupation. And unless other powers like Russia and China, which have always historically opposed their bullying behaviour in the world, we Haitians are destined to desappear as a fouding member of the United Nations.

In fact, instead of erecting some well organized centers of distribution of supply, they're not only blocking the delivery of those supply, but they are distributing the few they allow to pass by trucks and by dropping them to the people as if they were a bunch of dogs. No my friend, your United States are not in Haiti to help, they are in Haiti for the same reason they went to Irak and are now in Afghanistan, and it is to kill defenseless citizens and to loot their country.

The only countries which were there to help were China (she was the first to land on our soil after crossing more than half of the planet to do so) and she was the first to offers us millions of dollars. Your United States have sent instead 20 000 mercenary in order to secure and protect our oil which doesn't belong to them, and that we have pledge not to give to him for free.
In my world the "equality" is not a buzz word

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-1 02:45:06 |Display all floors

Reply #13 rodfel2001's post

When people are not honest with themselves they possess "selective senses". Facts are twisted. Actions are camouflaged. Intentions are selfish. Is just that simple!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-1 03:50:53 |Display all floors
"When people are not honest with themselves they possess "selective senses". Facts are twisted. Actions are camouflaged. Intentions are selfish. Is just that simple!"

Speaking about "selectives senses", I don't hear someone says that the United States went to an undeclared war with Irak in order to steal its oil. I dont' hear anyone say  that the reason why they went out of Irak is because they did finally realize that they will never be able to have their hands that oil.

I don't hear anyone say that the reason why they are in Afghanistan is because they want to build a pipeline from the Caspian sea, in order to bring the oil and the gas from that region to Europe, bypassing the Russian territory. I don't hear someone say that the deployment of the United States occupying forces follow exactly the route along which that pipeline will be built.  

I don't hear anyone say that they are losing the war against the Talibans, and they are trying to buy them for a billion dollars as if everybody in this world is buyable.

And finally I don't hear someone ask him or herself why invading a wounded and disaster striken country with 20 000 soldiers who are not even taken and active part in the rescue effort and who are even blocking it in some fashion is an act of charity and love.

Talking about "selective senses", I wonder who possesses it more than the person who wrote these two words.

[ Last edited by rodfel2001 at 2010-1-31 02:54 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-2-1 04:12:59 |Display all floors
"Hmmmm ...

Who wants Haiti so bad, and why? The place is a wealth of natural resources, of course!

Hahaha"

Anyone outfitted with a brain, where the basic knowledge of Geography has been inserted, can understand just by looking at a World map, why Haiti is so vital for the United States for controlling the two main American Continents and their so call backyard of the Caribbean region.
You don't need to be Einstein to understand that the Panama Canal is for the Americans the equivalent of the Strait of Malacca for the Chinese.  Besides, if the Chinese have a legitimate concern about their main supply route, they don't, contrary to the Americans, invade other weak countries in the area, overthrow or threaten to overthrow their government.  No, what they do for the third world, so far, is to exchange their raw material against cah and infrastructure building.  And if the West had done just that for only the last thirty years, there wouldn't be any poverty on the planet surface, but only nations competing peacefully for commerce.  No my friend, the World needs justice oriented nations like China, and pragmatic leader like Putin of Russia.  Give them the world to lead and in twenty years humans will be travelling in the stars..

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.