Author: sansukong

TV Networks Give Americans A “Sanitized Version of War” [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-23 03:21:59 |Display all floors

Who said he ever left...

Originally posted by wiseoldlady at 1/22/2010 01:44 PM
"Our", morgezuma?

May I ask, have you moved back to the states?

... along with a few more of the "ex-pats" that rubberneck at this BBS?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-23 08:16:03 |Display all floors
Who said he ever left... along with a few more of the "ex-pats" that rubberneck at this BBS?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-23 08:29:03 |Display all floors
I dont agree
YOU GIVE A "SANITIZED" VERSION OD USA OR WEST (FOR YOU IT'S THE SAME), but you forget to mention that in USA or other "anglo" countries as you generalize them, there are many media that critics, oppose, attack the war.
The idea of critic this "sanitized" version of war comes from western media themselves!
I can even remmber some articles from the Kosovo war, with the title: "there are no "clean war" (It was the fisrt massive use of laser guided bombs.)

So, it is wrong to think that american swallow this idea, there are many diversified medias with contradictories point of view in USA. And it's, of course, too simplist to take thm for dumbs: they perfectly know what's in the medias. And they chooses to believe

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.