bravo!
a high-profile PK between the US & UN
:victory::victory:

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-22 15:58:01 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-26 19:00:29 |Display all floors
Few seem to realise that usually, only the military has in place the organisation and capability to provide relief in such events. What was that cyclone in Myanmar...Nargis? The US offered to help there too but were turned down flat...because it was help in the form of a naval vessel, very lightly armed but very well equipped to assist. USN vessels have extensive medical facilites onboard, many have helicopters for the "hard to reach" places (in disasters where infrastructure is damaged) and substantial food providing capacity. This isn't an invasion, this is a neighbour helping a neighbour.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-26 20:53:49 |Display all floors
Kiwi,

They were complaining about that on KPFK last night, "the militarization of aid". It bothers me that the US left still has problems with the military after all these years. Perhaps once the Vietnam generation dies off we can get somewhere.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-27 04:35:35 |Display all floors

Reply #4 interesting's post

Maybe, but my point remains valid!
BTW, well done America! In 2 "wars" and still helping out amidst a financial problem that'd BURY other countries!
Tell your friends I said that Steven! China is so great, yes, a great nation, but, she can't project more thana few rescuers. The US can park CVNs off the coast, with only Helos on 'em.. Yep, China is best alright!
BTW CVN Vinson is carrying only helicopters...........fools!

[ Last edited by exportedkiwi at 2010-1-27 04:42 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-27 18:40:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Baiquen at 2010-1-22 15:58
i wondered what happened to the other places they "troop-surged"? Where was the response for Katrina?

If this actually leads to benefits for the Haitain people and is not just another  ...

The US learned much in dealing with incredibly massive natural disasters such as Katrina as China learned an incredible amount as a result of the Sichuan quake.

Now the US is putting their new found knowledge to practical use in Haiti.
jia na da ren

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-27 18:58:48 |Display all floors

Reply #6 canada_man's post

Precisely! I am sick of the US bashers here!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.