Author: expatter

The Church and State Politics - Lest ye forget. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-17 15:19:23 |Display all floors

Christian behavior in China....

I was called to attend the funeral of the mother of the boss of one of our supplier who passed away due to a car accident.

When I arrived at their town I was suprised to see 2 bands (this is quite traditional still in rural China) at the entrance of the home. My friend's niece explained that one band had been hired by the family and the other was from the local church, since the dead woman was a xtian practioner. The thing that suprised me most was that the xtian priest that prayed for the woman didn't allow those who wanted to pay respect to her in the chinese traditional way, to do so. At that moment a short discussion erupted between him and my friend; he finally said......"you let us pay respect to our mother and wife in our way and then we let you follow your beleives, this is fair!" Answer "Your ways are bad and wrong we are here to make sure she will enter heaven and this can never be achieved if other rites are applied!"

Unlickily for me, in this case, and being the only foreigner there, the priest turned to me (this was happening in the house living room with the decesaed "corpo presente") and asked "What do you think?" "I am a bit out of place here and came just for respect with the family, I would not like to interefere" He insisted "Just give your true opinion" "Listen, I said, I am atheist," The priest stood there for a while silent and then said "That's wrong (or you are wrong I didn't hear clear the first word in front of "bu dui") and you shouldn't be here"

I went outside, a while later the family came outside too.  We sat in the garden. My friend told me that out of respect to their gone mother they had decided to not argue. I asked if her mother had always been a Xtian, the husband said, "just for the last 2-3 years......she never expressed those feelings before" "Did she read the holly book?" I asked "My wife couldn't read nor write, she never went to school, she just attended church and listened"

I have my own opinion on this but I'd rather not take sides.......Is it right to deny the family the chance to honour in their traditional way the dead?

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-1-17 15:27:44 |Display all floors

longzhou

Sad story.

The church always has been, and always will be about control.

They turn the masses into mindless morons, and thou shalt not kill.

Yet when the church needs protection or gain, it is these same masses sent to kill in God's name.

The funeral was or should have been about family, and the rest was hypocrisy and pencil pushing.

Never trust a man in a dress.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 15:27:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2010-1-17 13:52
Wow!

Look at them guys.

Strange that China would want to have some control in this.

It's only people enjoying their faith.  

Great pictures!

I ask for permission to re-use this pictures. :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 15:29:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pervera at 2010-1-17 14:00
It may surprise you,

that the CCP "copied" the Nazis in this field qite well,

they forced the existing catholic church into the "Patriotic Church of China".

They were ...

It's because the Vatican itself is a political cult and active in subverssive activities.

That's why it  must be contained.

Don't follow more your god, Rudi. It's no more than a mundane political cult.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 15:33:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by longzhou at 2010-1-17 15:19
I was called to attend the funeral of the mother of the boss of one of our supplier who passed away due to a car accident.

When I arrived at their town I was suprised to see 2 bands (this is qui ...

Longzhou.

That's quite a sad and real life experience. You already saw how the Xtians forced others to accept their ways and use the words of "heaven or hell" to impose their doctrines into many traditional practice.

China should always be wary of the religious nuts on how they try to work with outsiders and meddle in domestic affairs.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-1-17 15:34:33 |Display all floors

liuyedao please use the pictures

Christian worshippers of Christ and Nazism on the march in front of the Berlin Cathedral. SS guards stand at attention. The head of the march shows members in party and SA uniforms while pastors follow in the rear.

Note the flags with the Christian cross with the swastika in the middle (also described as the Double Cross).
Priests-DeutscheChristen.gif

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 15:35:33 |Display all floors

In the other hand I didn’t attend a funeral in China but I visited some Christians churches in 3 different cities in China, no any plan to organize or to do something about religion, for casualties of life in two of this cities their church was very near from my hotel and how wonderful was to  see people from all ages to pray with faith, singing and how they collaborate within them.
What I notice they are not well organized yet but each of them trying to do their best,
at that time, just couple weeks ago they were preparing and collecting some gifts for poor children in rural areas for the next Chinese festivities

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.