Author: Morgezuma

Recent posts censored by CNN. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-26 03:14:25 |Display all floors

So... no article specifically that you are refering to?

Or were you just doing a "Cut 'n Paste" of the same response to many different articles?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-26 03:35:58 |Display all floors
FOX and CNN represent the polarization of a portion of the population, i agree with that point.  But america is not governed from the far right or far left and the (very) vocal minorities of each side, it is governed by citizens from the middle.  Independents, moderates, people who tend to have higher educations and careers...these are the voters of america that determine who gets elected.  Glenn Beck, Limbaugh, Oberman arent out to win over moderates, they are there to solidify their listener base among already existing and unwavering exteme viewpoints.  If you want to make a case for something, you need to go after the people who think independently and critically about all issues, from both sides

But again I say...what is the alternative you are proposing?  Whats a better system?  By the use of the word "plebs" i assume you're one of those elitists who thinks they know better, and would want government to take on a more parental role?  Dont want to put words in your mouth but you arent offering up anything....
Don't tread on me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-26 04:26:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sono_hito at 2010-1-26 03:35
want government to take on a more parental role?  Dont want to put words in your mouth but you arent offering up anything....  

Oh god no. Thanks for not putting words in my mouth, especially those ones.

You have framed the question as, something like "Mods or radicals", which is the flavor you advocate?

or Big govt or small? Dem or Rep? Etc

For me, these types of questions are not in my mind at all. I believe that this way of framing the big question is misleading. You and all who agree with you, and all who are in the directly opposing camp give your position a lot of emotional care and intellectual energy, I think that's wasted and meaningless. But why? It seems very worthy of care and energy. I think it's wasted because it's not really real, the system I mean. Your care and energy is very real. it's so real, it's dangerous. Not to you or me, but to our leaders.

Care and energy is what ended the Vietnam war right? That didn't make some people happy. Many of our leaders have said outloud many times that we will not let that happen again. These days we keep total control of the story, the news is framed in serveral differnet ways, but always keeps us lined up behind the government.  They frame the issues for us, the determine the two sides that there are to stand on, we take up our positions according to our choice and together we all march WHAT? in the same direction? How does that happen?

The basic frame is: are you dem or rep?

We've lost sight of how off-base that is. The real questions should be more like, are you for continuing this war or not? But we spend all our energies on party lines which somehow don't change the direction our leaders have chosen.

You cite such things as the tea-party marchers. You say you can defeat national health care. Yeah, and if you do it will seem like a great victory of democracy right? But in fact, no matter how many millions march, the leaders decide to do whatever they want anyway. If the system works exactly as you think it does, then worst thing that could happen to some rich old congressman is that he goes to play golf instead of getting reelected some years later. That's the worst that can happen IF it works like you think it does, and that is hardly a guarentee of democratic rule which is suposed to mean rule by the people. And if the newly elected guy doesn't do as he said he would, what's the worst that can happen to the new rich old guy that replaced the old rich old guy? Well, he joins the first one on the golf course. Hmm..

That seems pretty weak. But I don't think the concept of U.S. Democracy is even that strong. I think there are only two things at the root of power in our government. Money and fraternity. There are lots of ways to characterize it, lots of angles to view it, but it boils down simply to money and fraternity.  If you are an insider in Washington, it doesn't matter who wins elections, the rulers keep ruling.

The lively contest you have during elections and tea parties keeps people with your kind of care and energy feeling deeply involved and all of that energy is spent in a contest against another group that in many ways is just like you, but who lives in the other camp. This system works beautifully, you expend all your energies against each other. And if you didn't, you'd be questioning the governement directly. Together you'd be quite a challenge and your power would be significant, but you are split and magically right down the middle 50/50 and your energies cancel each other out.

Our leaders will continue to do whatever they want.

If national health care passes, it's because it will bring power and wealth to the powerful and the weathy.

If national health care fails to pass or is reversed, it's because that will bring power and wealth to the powerful and wealthy.

Not because of a tea party.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-26 04:50:56 |Display all floors
But again I say...what is the alternative you are proposing?  Whats a better system?  By the use of the word "plebs" i assume you're one of those elitists who thinks they know better, and would want government to take on a more parental role?  Dont want to put words in your mouth but you arent offering up anything....

The lively contest you have during elections and tea parties keeps people with your kind of care and energy feeling deeply involved and all of that energy is spent in a contest against another group that in many ways is just like you, but who lives in the other camp. This system works beautifully, you expend all your energies against each other. And if you didn't, you'd be questioning the governement directly. Together you'd be quite a challenge and your power would be significant, but you are split and magically right down the middle 50/50 and your energies cancel each other out.

"your kind ....The lively contest you have during elections  ..... you expend all your energies against each other."

Ah, we are not your people any longer.  This I can accept.

So, how are you questioning the government directly, my dear? Posting on the CNN forum? China Daily forum? Civil disobedience? campaign of letter writing to your congressman/woman? Do you vote at all, or just let the mouth breathers speak for you? Or are you just a talking head? No shame in that. This is just a forum. after all.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-26 06:50:37 |Display all floors
Again, you havent suggested any alternative.  Do you even have one?

You seem to have this defeatist, everything-has-been-predetermined-by-the-powerful victim mindset.  You seem to view yourself and your fellow man as forever under the authority of "the powerful".  As if "the powerful" is some entity with universal goals, as if this elite has no competing goals and only exists to keep their boot on the "plebs" throat.

So i guess system of government and economics dont really matter then?  Because nothing will change and there is no hope for the little man, so why bother even existing?  That pretty much sum it up?

Still waiting on your solution
Don't tread on me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-26 08:03:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Morgezuma at 2010-1-15 11:00 PM
I think I'll start a collection the posts CNN censors. I notice they don't censor me when I say trivial things, or give my best wishes for a reversal of fortune for those suffering from bad news. T ...

one thing that's more dominating than "free speech" in america is boycotting dissenting speeches.  

i typically get kick out of a forum within two weeks.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-26 12:53:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sono_hito at 2010-1-26 06:50
Again, you havent suggested any alternative.  Do you even have one?
You seem to have this defeatist, everything-has-been-predetermined-by-the-powerful victim mindset.

You've pretty much nailed it, I confess. I mean when you imply I have no alternative to suggest. I don't feel defeated, I feel dispassionate about what you are passionate about.

There is no solution to the systemic control exercised by our ruling class and political parties,  or else it would already be in action. So whats left then? Well, I'm a social science major, what catches my attention is how effective control of preception is in modern America. Nom Chomsky is a genius that sorted it out pretty well with "Manufacturing Concent".

We are allowed see what our keepers want us to see. By limiting all news that could possibly allow a free thinking being to form a thought in opposition to our leader's direction, we control 99% of points of view. Only 1% get their news from a source that doens't have the Washington stamp of approval.

If someone suggests that the system is corrupt, there are two main replies that he will face: "No it's not!" And "That's the way it is, nothing will ever change".

Now, you correctly put me in the second catagory. But that doesn't change the fact that if I get myself out of that catagory and put myself into the alternative minority that will speak out, what happens? I hear the replies those same two replies: "No it's not!" And "That's the way it is, nothing will ever change". Unlike some others, I don't get a sense of satisfaction in the thought that, "well, at least I tried". To me, the idea of banging my head against the wall is the least attractive option. Have I given up? Am I defeated. Well, only in the sense that I choose my battles and challenging my leaders surely is a battle I can not win.

So why do I speak about it so much? Well, that's because I enjoy forming sentences (as you can clearly see by the verbosity of my posts). And because governance and the activities and thinking of the masses are interesting topics to me. I definately am not a revolutionary. You enjoy your direct action and it's important to you. But I view your action as "head vs wall", that's my perception. If someone gives you choice of A or B, you take this very seriously and very responsibly, but I don't. I ignore people who present me with that option because I find that participating supports a charade I don't believe and I prefer to study those that believe outcome A is different from outcome B.

Look at my AV. Our leaders have put the majority of all our wealth into one thing: The military industrial complex. Who decided that? You and me? No. A dem or rep? A liberal or conservative? No and no. You seem sure you can divide our political system into two opposing halves, but I don't agree at all. Our leadership is not voted for. Did you think Obama is our leader? or Bush? Presidents come and go, but power and wealth doesn't move.

We are spending now more than during the cold war but we're not facing countless heavy armor divisions as in the past. So why are we spending more on heavy combat systems than ever? Is it just a really expensive way to shift wealth? That idea disturbs me because for every dollar they spend they can only pocket about 10 cents. It seems like a wasteful method to gather wealth to the ruler. Then again, while 800billion or a trillion is a lot to waste, 10% of it is still plenty to divide up among Washington players like Erik Prince and the insiders that never face elections but who call the shots and collect mountains of tax dollars. Who is more influential in the governance of our country? A voter? Or a man who runs something like Haliburton or Dyncorp who never votes?

All our millions of voters have zero influence if the issues have been framed by our leaders, the camps divided 50/50, and issues handed out along party lines, and the system in place that aims all the plebe energy of one camp, directly at the plebe energy emanating from the opposing camp. This is a brilliant system for our leaders. It effectively neutralizes 99% of potential dissent and creates an air of legitimacy at the same time.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.