Views: 2408|Replies: 3

googlemail [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-15 22:16:58 |Display all floors
Google has Gmail servers in China

Some reports have said that the reason Chinese hackers were able to access Gmail accounts is that Google has email servers physically located in China. This is not the case. Google says it has no email servers in the country.

Indeed, Google has said keeping its servers out of China was a deliberate move to help protect user information. When the company announced its plans to launch google.cn in January 2006, executives said one of the safeguards it planned to use to protect user interests was that it wouldn't host user-generated content like email and blogs on servers in China.

Google had reason to be careful. In 2005, there was widespread outcry among rights activists and the U.S. government after Yahoo turned over user information to the Chinese government, which was used as evidence to sentence journalist    S h i   T a o  to 10 years in prison. Yahoo said that, because its Chinese mail servers were inside China, the company felt compelled to comply with the authorities' request.

h ttp://blogs.wsj.c om/chinarealtime/2010/01/15/clearing-up-confusion-on-google-and-china/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-15 22:47:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Kbay at 2010-1-15 22:27
I think you should be banned, along with Google.

Yes, and on the topic of Google pulling out of China, you have no idea just how many of us here wish your father had pulled out of your mother....

They must be proud of you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-15 23:03:35 |Display all floors
coitus interruptus

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-15 23:44:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pervera at 2010-1-15 23:03

What did Kbay's father say to his mother after having s e x?

I'll be home in twenty minutes, honey.

;P;P

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.