Author: tamson

PLA, it is time to break US containing. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-17 05:37:21 |Display all floors
I will just point out, Tam, that if it comes to a question that really does have a shooting war as the answer, China's holdings of anything or the products it makes will be irrelevant.

Remember that you're talking about a country that is perfectly willing to invade oil producing countries to achieve its objectives.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 07:09:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by manoj10 at 2010-1-14 20:10

Its too early. It should be atleast 2035 before China start to think of it

Nah!!! Now is a good a time as ever.

Remember? Attacking any Chinese territory or any Chinese asset = an attack on China itself? These wordings "must" be put to the test. Call it a lab experiment if you will. I mean how will we ever know if a products works or not -- if we don't put it to the test?

This damn Chinese General, he's makes us think doesn't he?
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 07:30:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2010-1-16 13:37
I will just point out, Tam, that if it comes to a question that really does have a shooting war as the answer, China's holdings of anything or the products it makes will be irrelevant.

Remember  ...

I think the term "pick on someone your own size" does apply here. Example: the US did everything it thought possible and more to try and take down the Evil Empire, i.e. through MAD; espionage; NATO verses the Warsaw pack; cold war mentality; encirclement; and yet, the mighty USS of R stood steadfast until the Moscow made the wrong move -- Russia made its own Vietnam and she put a traitor -- Gorbachev -- at the helm... From there, not a single nuke was fired and the once proud and mighty USS of R crumbled from within from the inside out... America is now faced with the same predicament, meaning she's screwed if she deal with the Chinese and she's screwed if she doesn't deal with the Chinese... It's stuck in between two rocks in a hard place sort of deal and the only smart way for both to get out of this sufocating stranglehold is through mutual respect which eventuaslly will lead to a concept known as superfusion....
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 09:41:35 |Display all floors
It is important to remember the Russia lesson.  

The US created a big myth about its defense shield.  What was basically continental patriot defense systems coupled to laser-firing satellites became Star Wars, magnified in the mind to egg the USSR to overspend its budget to try and catch up.  The Russian military were made to think that once the shield was up, their state would be vulnerable to a first strike because the first striker would be shielded from a counter-strike.  It was a timely strategy because the US knew the Russian economy could not take another round of massive military spending. Poland was the catalyst to super-crystallize the dismantlement and balkanization of the USSR.

So, be careful of military races.  While it is indeed necessary to modernize one's armed forces, let that be a natural and logical process based on best-fit, best-development, best-buy and best-application.  To be egged on to ruinous spending by perceptions created by others may court future danger owing to unsustainable spending creating problems in other areas like economic development.

Equally potent would be to develop, for want of a better term, 'credible but undetectable military capabilities'. Turn the fear spear the other way round.

What they know, they can bleed. What they don't know, they can only imagine.  It was imagination of the worse which disrupted the US' cold war adversary.  Why should that method be monopolized?  For peace, there must be mutual respect based on equality of capability.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 10:58:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2010-1-14 21:50
Nice picture tamson and thanks BUT, if the US and allies put their full fleets in review, China would shake in her shoes. Yes, China has a whole lot of shiny new toys but you still lack in many are ...
All I know is that "it is others which is now discreetly shaking in their shoes over what other else rabbits China may pull out of her hat" at this moment in Chinese time and space.  The atmosphere is tense. The stakes are high. The cards are on the table but what cards are the folded ones?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 11:15:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2010-1-15 19:24
Nah mate, I don't intimidate, I merely point out the realities and China's navy is relatively insignificant really.

Tell that to Admiral Keatings. He don't find the word "insignificant" very humorous. He seems "damn concerned about the PLAN's developments" ...  In this high tech age, it don't take a massive armada of sitting duck surface vessels to do the job as in the case of battle of Midway. All it takes is a rag tag fleet of efficient super low decibel super low signature U-boats and Aegis loaded with supercharged roman candles and those bath tubs will become relics of the deep for future generations to to explore and study.

[ Last edited by edisonone at 2010-1-16 07:17 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 11:35:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by markwu at 2010-1-16 17:41
It is important to remember the Russia lesson.  

The US created a big myth about its defense shield.  What was basically continental patriot defense systems coupled to laser-firing satellites be ...

Soon after the 60th National Day celebration, chatters were going around Chinese nets that something more astronomical is under China's sleeves, technologies gestured as far in advance of what the rest of world have. I don't think it's the recent ABM we just tested because the ABM is essentially our ASAT modified for missile defense uses hence, shouldn't be a surprise. It has been speculated that China has been working on laser technology and gossips abound, the technology was suggested to have been perfected to the point of already having been inducted to China's national defense network. Google earth in fact thought they picked up what appears to be such apparatuses but nothing was proven.  I repeat: chatters only however. But, I'm a believer where's smoke, there's fire and this fire might be a pretty hot one.

[ Last edited by edisonone at 2010-1-16 07:36 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.