Views: 19849|Replies: 63

PLA, it is time to break US containing. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-15 11:19:47 |Display all floors
China, for a long time, its Navy power has been limited on inshore area and contained by US’s island-chain: Taiwan, the Ryukyu Islands and Japan.
Now as the biggest exporter in the world and the third largest GDP protect, China’s Navy will definitely break the US containment and its capability limit, to expand its reach far beyond the Taiwan and South China Sea. It needs to secure vital sea lanes for the mainland's growing commercial fleets.
I feel quite humiliated when our government had no choice but to pay $2 million for redemption of our hostages who were kidnapped by the Somalia pirates, while US or other western countries can immediately deployed their own force to successfully rescue their hostages.
Chinese Navy should not narrow its eyesight on the Taiwan and inshore area any more. It has a far extended overseas interest to protect, but looking back our home and our Navy bases, I even can’t find an aircraft carrier! How can that be consistent with our economic and politic status in the world?
It is said by the US Office of Naval Intelligence that the mainland will build a naval force over the next 10 to 15 years that is equipped for operations "well beyond its traditional operating areas around Taiwan and the South China Sea". If that is true, I will 100-percent support our government’s resolution and decision.

The question is not whether PLA’s Navy should expand, but is how it will build up its strength.

I think it is quite necessary to build up our aircraft carriers and attacking submarines, which is quite essential to expend our maritime reach.
Years ago, there was an old debate that whether China should build aircraft carriers. But now, this dispute does not exist anymore with a national consensus from government to citizens, that china definitely and urgently needs aircraft carriers. Chinese government should speed up its building of aircraft carriers.
The most advanced combat warplane jet J-10 in China, have be produced in large quantity with anecdotally saying that J-10 will be refitted to be main part of air force in aircraft carriers. That sounds great and our high-ranking officials have realized the importance of maritime interest.
We have the huge foreign exchange reserve worth more than 2 trillion us dollar; the abundant labor force can help us achieve our goal more cheaply.
Also we should not excessively worry about US’s interference or further containing our expanding, for US can not afford a huge loss caused by a conflict with its largest debt holder and the main engine of world economy. Each American dare not imagine what their life will be without Chinese products, which leads any US politicians to refrain themselves and admit china’s rise on the sea.
But we should solidly uphold the concept of a peaceful rise rather than others; we keep it in mind that a powerful china will never chase for hegemony.
Go ahead, great PLA Navy!
xin_0304062323522320077100.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-15 11:39:39 |Display all floors
I fully support this.

I know the country is doing stuff. I wonder whether the PLA could be more transparent. As a citizen, we deserve to what our PLA are doing。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-15 11:51:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by haishiwo at 2010-1-15 11:39
I fully support this.

I know the country is doing stuff. I wonder whether the PLA could be more transparent. As a citizen, we deserve to what our PLA are doing。

That is a dilemma in which how they could balance the national secret and the public transparency about the military budget

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-15 12:10:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tamson at 2010-1-15 11:19
China, for a long time, its Navy power has been limited on inshore area and contained by US’s island-chain: Taiwan, the Ryukyu Islands and Japan.
Now as the biggest exporter in the world and the  ...

Its too early. It should be atleast 2035 before China start to think of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-15 13:50:51 |Display all floors
Nice picture tamson and thanks BUT, if the US and allies put their full fleets in review, China would shake in her shoes. Yes, China has a whole lot of shiny new toys but you still lack in many areas and have a long way to go before you can even come close to our capacities. Keep trying!

And no, this isn't anti-China, it's merely reality.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-1-15 14:05:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2010-1-15 14:50

1. And no, this isn't anti-China, it's merely reality
Copy code

....it's merely meant as intimidation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-16 11:24:53 |Display all floors

Reply #6 satsu_jin's post

Nah mate, I don't intimidate, I merely point out the realities and China's navy is relatively insignificant really.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.