Author: duanyihong

Is it necessary to learn Chinese in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-13 15:15:19 |Display all floors

Reply #18 zhiran's post

if you're here for a year that's long term, you're expected to learn how to speak so your point is not valid

french arent the only one, english also too and english speakers do not want you speaking any other language other than english, which is very racist mentality since most english speaking countries are immigrants and also speaking language other than english in english speaking countries has nothing wrong with it because it maintains language and culture and it has nothing to do with english speakers so they shouldn't enforce such a racist attitude

Reply #19 zhiran's post:

show that it is an assumption and prove your point

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-13 15:20:28 |Display all floors

Reply #21 zhiran's post

so you have been in china for a decade and haven't bothered to learn chinese? now i understand your motives in this thread. you shouldn't be like this because you don't want to feel bad about yourself, don't let this humiliation stop you from progressing

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-13 15:31:30 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-13 15:36:35 |Display all floors

Reply #24 Baiquen's post

you didn't consider if you learnt japanese of course you would find chinese easy because japanese is based on chinese. then you would stop attention seeking because why would people beinterested in what you think when you cant support your points? if you just want to vent your frustration then you need to take your own advice

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-13 15:43:54 |Display all floors

Well you see.....

Originally posted by zhiran at 2010-1-13 14:44

Oh dear, it's the old 'I've been in China longer than you have so I know better routine...'

You say a decade?  You will have to tell me how many months. We may be neck and neck. Not that it  ...

I am not sure how would you react to someone that comes to your country and after a number of years, can't express him/herself in the local language. For me, it would be a disgrace. When we arrived in China, with 2 kids in those times, it was tough for all the family but as much as we could, we refused the help of translators and instead went into intensive trainings; suffice to say that our 2 daughters got along much quicker than the 2 adults.

Now all 5 of us are fleunt in chinese.  I can't see anything else than just arrogance and laziness to not learn a local language of the country where one is living. But, hey,  this is just my opinion. I have friends who think that it is completely useless to learn chinese. And some have been here even longer than we have, some even have married local people (who speak English, of course).

As Baiquen says, sometimes we get tired of all this but I am sure everyobne misses this place once they have left!

Rant over!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-13 15:43:56 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-13 15:49:01 |Display all floors

Reply #27 Baiquen's post

again you didnt consider which dialect of chinese japanese is based on

if you're talking about putonghua, then of course its easy, its chosen because of that reason. how you don't see that is unbelievable

japan's culture and roots is nothing without its basis in chinese, lets see you try to deny that

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.